You can buy a fuse that replaces the number 10 fuse, I believe, in the fuse panel in the engine compartment on the passenger side of the C6. You have to be pretty light on the throttle for it to force a 1-4 shift. I drove our 2005 for a month or so and it only forced the 1-4 shift a couple of times and I'm not an aggressive driver. For 2004 and earlier there is this unit. 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette Skip Shift Eliminator on eBay!

You can buy a fuse that replaces the number 10 fuse, I believe, in the fuse panel in the engine compartment on the passenger side of the C6. You have to be pretty light on the throttle for it to force a 1-4 shift. I drove our 2005 for a month or so and it only forced the 1-4 shift a couple of times and I'm not an aggressive driver. For 2004 and earlier there is this unit. 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette Skip Shift Eliminator on eBay!

You can get the Skip Shift Eliminator from Corvette central . I have one on my 2011 C6
Takes five minutes to install at the side of the transmission. No more forced shifts !

I much prefer the fuse method. No climbing under the car to install it. Less than 5 minutes to do it.

That is so true...
At our Corvette show, the dealership is right by the highway on-ramp..A mid sixties big-block 4-speed Biscayne stopped by for a visit..upon leaving the show he went onto the on-ramp and proceeded to drastically miss 3rd gear! No rev limiter in the car either! The whole car show heard it overrev badly!!
yikes. ....graham

Hahahaha! Sort of like the guys that peel out of shows but end up on a curb or completing a loop. Nothing makes you feel like more of an idiot. :rofl: That is something I hope to never do....

I have the cags eliminator on my tranny and can go up to any rpm I want before going into second, But when I ordered the eliminator from CC they said that it would also stopping the 1 to 4 sign appearing on the dash. That part has not been eliminated. haven't complained to them about their misleading claim yet though. Does anyone else have the gauge sign still appear with the eliminator from CC?

:agree: Russ turned off my light for me and set my fan speeds so my car would turn on both fans at 190. Ever since then, I haven't seen temps on my car over 200 and haven't had the light telling me when to shift (before I saw temps of 220 degrees :eek:). However, I still skip shift 1-4 but more often 1-3, however, it's nice being able to choose for myself instead of the computer telling me how to drive my car.

Actually, your low speed fans are set to come on at 200*F and off at 195*F. Your high speed fans are on at 205*F and off at 196*F.

I would of set them lower if you had a 160*F stat.

Russ Kemp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.