This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1st allocation of 2025

Tomorrow July 18 is the 1st allocation of 2025 production year. Do we have anyone here waiting to specifically order a 2025? has anyone heard anything about Canadian Prices?

Last year GM Canada waited 2 months / 2 allocations cycles to tell us that prices went up $12,000-$20,000

USA 2025 C8 prices announced: Stingray- no price increase, E-Ray - $2,000 increase, Z06 - $2,000 increase

Last edited:
GM lost my future business with the price increases and even the initial cost of the Z06.

The C7 price difference between a 1LT with Z51 and a 1LZ Z06 was about $23,000 in Canada.

Now the difference is over $60,000. The government also added their luxury tax just to put a cherry on top.

In my lifetime the Corvette has always been attainable for the working man. Not anymore! GM and Trudeau made sure of that.

I put myself on the Z06 list at WN years ago and I was over a hundred people down the list. I was told I was years away if not never going to get one. Now I'm seeing Z06's and Erays on dealers lots selling for MSRP. My guess is there are a lot more people like myself that are priced out of the market even at MSRP and they are quickly falling off the lists and not taking delivery.

In my opinion GM ruined it for Canadians with greed. Dodge did this with the last generation of the Viper and they were priced so high nobody bought them and they had to kill the entire model. You would think that GM would have learned from that and not made the same mistake, Guess not.

Hopefully the luxury tax cash grab will be one of the pieces of legislation that will be repealed along with a few others once we finally get to vote again. Fingers crossed !

Dodge did this with the last generation of the Viper and they were priced so high nobody bought them and they had to kill the entire model.
The Dodge Viper demise was always in the wings since the fourth generation. Remember the Viper was a extremely rare car with only approximately 33000 units built from 1992-2017 in the 25 years of production. That is basically one year of Corvette production.
Also as a Viper owner, I can attest that car especially the earlier versions required a higher level driving skillset than most have, especially when pushing that car to the limits, as it had a knife edge personality. I enjoyed the car for that reason alone, as there is nothing like driving a car or motorcycle that will bite you back hard if you are not on top of it and is something I enjoyed. That is why the majority of all earlier generations have been written off.

As you may be aware, every single Viper was manual transmission. Most of the new generation of drivers are not capable or able to drive manual, as it evident by how many manual transmission sports cars are available/produced several years later.
(How can one go screaming through traffic with a cell phone in one hand and shift gears at the same time, it is just not practical )

The actual nail in the coffin for the Viper line was the introduction of United States DOT FMVSS 226 safety regulation legislation the mandated that all passenger cars must have passenger anti-ejection air bags (side curtain) to prevent those who did not like wearing a seatbelt from being thrown out the window which could not be incorporated into the Generation 5 design. Fiat decided that was the end of the line for what I think is one of the most iconic cars ever built in America.

The Viper was not a practical car, even in the later generations, as I describe it as a car the tickles all the senses. Corvette owners would not be able to endure it, as my C8 is like a Cadillac when comparing it.
EYES - Sight lines where terrible
EARS - You would go deaf inside the car or good luck having a conversation with the passenger, but man did it sound cool!
TOUCH/FEEL - Talk about a car that produced a lot of heat, especially after running it for more than a hour in the summer. Exiting the car required a special approach not to burn your legs on the 225F side sills.

Last edited:

Always wanted one...

Reactions: 1st Vette
Not to keep the Viper thread going....

Back in 2015, a buddy of mine wrapped a buddy of his' Viper around a pole....flattened the side pipe along the frame, blew the back window out, cracked the rear quarter panel..... I learned new swear words that day. No one was injured.

Attachments

• fd878c10-cbc6-4073-a532-ca7d33853c41.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 0
I blame the dealerships, for price gouging, on new and used and taking bribes! GM told them, do not do that but they kept doing it. So GM decided we will get our share of this, by taking the full amount of the exchange rate and the dealerships cannot increase the prices because of the big increase they have to deal with.

Reactions: 1st Vette
No Stingray just E-Ray and Z06 so far today.

Reactions: DenisC8

I have been offered 1 E-Ray and 2 Z06s (2024s) in the last 3 weeks. 2 were backouts and the 2nd Z06 was a piece of 24 allotment that was given as a stock order. That tells me that the waiting lists have dried up.

There was a 23 Z06 3LZ HTC through Adesa yesterday and they could only get $155 for it.

Reactions: vacek
Hey that's good news for me. Maybe I'll be able to afford a used one in a year or two?

Reasonable assumption.

Users who are viewing this thread