Looks feasible. If you have the "always hot" 12VDC outlet in your frunk, you might be able to power it from there, with a short wire run.

If you want to learn a lot on the C8 head to these 4 you tubers… Morgan Crosbie, Rick Conti, Hpo, Bos.. Rick is from a dealer in Ohio, Morgan is from a dealer in London, Hpo is Jason from Phili area and Bos is Mike from the Dallas area… I have been following them for the last 2 years and they have so much knowledge on the C8 plus I am still waiting on my Stingray and I am on the eray list as well..

Looks feasible. If you have the "always hot" 12VDC outlet in your frunk, you might be able to power it from there, with a short wire run.
Yes you can. Watch a video on Frunk tub removal. The 12V for light and cigarette lighter is right there. Easy access. Prim Len I see is the transmitter has its own push button on and off. I’m thinking once powered on and off at the source, you will then have to push on off button on the transmitter to power it up again.
Also re wifi. It uses its app with its own wifi connection. If my phone is already using wifi for Apple car play. Then that would be a hassle switching over. But I’m not tech savvy. So I don’t know how Apple Car Play gets its info from my phone.

Yes you can. Watch a video on Frunk tub removal. The 12V for light and cigarette lighter is right there. Easy access. Prim Len I see is the transmitter has its own push button on and off. I’m thinking once powered on and off at the source, you will then have to push on off button on the transmitter to power it up again.
Also re wifi. It uses its app with its own wifi connection. If my phone is already using wifi for Apple car play. Then that would be a hassle switching over. But I’m not tech savvy. So I don’t know how Apple Car Play gets its info from my phone.
If the outlet is "always hot", as in, it never shuts down even when the ignition is off, then the transmitter will stay "on" too, until you press the "off" button. Keep in mind that the transmitter will always be drawing down the chassis battery, even when the car isn't in use, and this might be a problem.
I have an 2LT on the order bench, so I hope I won't need this.

If the outlet is "always hot", as in, it never shuts down even when the ignition is off, then the transmitter will stay "on" too, until you press the "off" button. Keep in mind that the transmitter will always be drawing down the chassis battery, even when the car isn't in use, and this might be a problem.
I have an 2LT on the order bench, so I hope I won't need this.
No 2LT you already have a front camera I think. And I don’t think the Frunk is hot when the ending isn’t running. But it might be as the Frunk light and cigarette lighter I’m assuming is the same power source. So might be live all the time. I don’t have my car as of yet. It was just built last Tuesday’s lol.

No 2LT you already have a front camera I think. And I don’t think the Frunk is hot when the ending isn’t running. But it might be as the Frunk light and cigarette lighter I’m assuming is the same power source. So might be live all the time. I don’t have my car as of yet. It was just built last Tuesday’s lol.
The frunk is always hot! That's how the tender works.

Reactions: BCL
I would not wire it to the always hot frunk circuit. I personally would not want anything always "on". Not only a power draw but also a potential source of overheating or a fire. Do it properly and wire it to a switched line on your fuse panel so it fires up when the car is started, and turns off when the car is off. Don't take shortcuts.

• Useful
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I would not wire it to the always hot frunk circuit. I personally would not want anything always "on". Not only a power draw but also a potential source of overheating or a fire. Do it properly and wire it to a switched line on your fuse panel so it fires up when the car is started, and turns off when the car is off. Don't take shortcuts.
Yes I total agree. I would never have added it to a continuous power source

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread