• Power-Folding Mirrors
  • Rear Camera Mirror† – Coupe
  • Memory Package
  • Curb View Camera†
  • Side Blind Zone Alert†
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert†
  • Advanced Theft-Deterrent System
  • Parcel Nets
Just the rear cross-traffic alert is worth the 2LT price bump alone, if it saves you once. Ditto for other alerts.
Naysayers.....well, let's just say its all talk till their first accident.
/
Plus, for what you get extra, the 2LT is a bargain, especially if you plant to keep it a long time.
Nice to have some of those things, like the heated steering wheel when it is -5C and clear roads. Love it!

And in the summer, your ass does not sweat. Love that too.

The HUD keeps your eyes on the road, and gives you posted road speed as a bonus. Very cool and very useful.
So much tech for so little money.

I guess the 1LT guys will comment back here that they don't like any of that stuff, or that the price is too high for what you get. If you think the price is too high, then for you it is. You are right, and it works for you. That is why they make 3 trim levels.

Now amortize the net 2LT cost bump over the number of years you plan to keep the car, and then subtract what extra you recoup at sale time. If you keep the car for 5 years, the extra cost may only be $1500/year for all the extra stuff. Including any carrying costs. Worth it to you? Then subtract cost of the 1 accident this can save you. Now you are at a wash. Full cost accounting.

Since you are in BC, let me know when it arrives. Who is your dealer?
Thank you for your input. I think it might be to late for me to change as my dealer told me it’s in event code 3000
I tried buying from a dealer in B.C. but I didn’t get much help as I had 1 dealer salesman tell me he doesn’t touch the C8 because he can make more focusing on his other cars. I had another dealer contact me as he received 2 2020 (1LT’s) and that the MSRP $118 and when I told him that can’t be possible he responded with that’s my opinion and someone would buy them. But at the end of the day I ended up placing my order with Lakewood out of Edmonton as I couldn’t get low enough on any of the allocations in BC. The Lakewood sales team & manager responded to all my questions anytime of the day when others didn’t. So far it’s been a good experience with regular communication from them. I wish I could have bought local but no luck. So my daughter and I will make a road trip out of it as she might eeven more excited than me.

At 3000 you can't make a change without your allocation being pulled back by the regional GM rep and it would definitely set your order back.

I had my 2LT coupe for 6 months. Here's my thoughts:

Heads up display - never looked at it.

Blind spot detection - never had it on

Cooled Seats - aren't true cooled seats. They are useless with top off

Heated Seats - are you winter driving? The cabin is so small with remote start it heats up very quickly. I'm at -15C this week and my car was toasty

14-speaker stereo - it's great but so is the standard one

Front and Rear cameras for parking are nice in the 2LT... again is it worth the entire pkg price? Not sure.

I have no plan to resell so the cost benefit is moot; do you need 2LT? No. Is it a nice to have...Yes.

At 3000 you can't make a change without your allocation being pulled back by the regional GM rep and it would definitely set your order back.

I had my 2LT coupe for 6 months. Here's my thoughts:

Heads up display - never looked at it.
Takes getting used to for sure.
Blind spot detection - never had it on
Takes getting used to for sure.
Cooled Seats - aren't true cooled seats. They are useless with top off
Ya only a little helpful really.
Heated Seats - are you winter driving? The cabin is so small with remote start it heats up very quickly. I'm at -15C this week and my car was toasty
Even on cool Spring and fall days it's nice to have. Especially for old guys with worsening circulation. ;)
14-speaker stereo - it's great but so is the standard one
Agreed
Front and Rear cameras for parking are nice in the 2LT... again is it worth the entire pkg price? Not sure.
Agreed
I have no plan to resell so the cost benefit is moot; do you need 2LT? No. Is it a nice to have...Yes.
Buy a car for yourself, not the next guy.

I paid the 10G's just for the garage door opener! lol

I’m was told a couple weeks back that my car is in event code 3000 which i’m Very excited about but now I’m 2nd guessing going with the 1LT because of the lack of cameras and side mirror warning system. As I’ve never had the opportunity to sit or drive the new C8 do any of you have issues with the blindspots?
Also is there options on after market mirrors or cameras?
I find there is a blindspot. On the highway idiots trying to get a look at this car pull up on the right and they are hard to see when they stay in that b pillar spot. There is also a lot of glare from the inside of the engine bay at times which is distracting. Spend $5 and get a convex mirror for the passenger side that's the only reasonable solution. If I can add the camera for a reasonable cost I would do it. I am Ok with the convex mirror for now as I intend to upgrade to HTC.

Reactions: AndrewJ
I find there is a blindspot. On the highway idiots trying to get a look at this car pull up on the right and they are hard to see when they stay in that b pillar spot. There is also a lot of glare from the inside of the engine bay at times which is distracting. Spend $5 and get a convex mirror for the passenger side that's the only reasonable solution. If I can add the camera for a reasonable cost I would do it. I am Ok with the convex mirror for now as I intend to upgrade to HTC.
You'll likely hate me for saying this, but you don't have your right side mirror adjusted properly. There is NO b pillar blind spot if adjusted properly. I have tested this thoroughly. Of course "Hard to see" is a relative term, but I'd check your mirrors again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thom
Here is something for you to chew on:

1. Yes, there are blind spots. In practice. Since people make them. Have someone walk behind your vehicle from side to side and you will see what I am talking about. There is your proof.
There is a reason as to why GM offers the rear camera mirror. And the warnings.
They do not do it just because it is trendy to do so.

2. Pretty simple choice. How much is your life worth? How much is less damage or damage avoidance to your new car worth?
I always ask people if they would pay $5K to someone not to break their arm. The answer is always the same.

Only you can answer that, and that is your answer as to whether to get a 1LT or 2LT.

3. Ditto for choosing tires and brakes. I never skimp. Your life is riding on them.

But hey, that is just me. There is a reason as to why GM offers the 1LT. Maybe this will help others with their decisions.

4. You get some of that money back when you sell your car, so you are only fronting the difference in $ (2LT-1LT) for ONLY time you own the car. 2LT has significantly higher resale value and sale speed.

PS> isn't it 3300 when you order can not be changed? I think we changed to an HTC at 3000, but can't remember that far back. Maybe someone else knows.
Hyperbole!

I upgraded to the 2LT because I was concerned about blind spots, etc. After driving the car I don’t really have any concerns with the blind spots. If you adjust your side mirrors properly not much of an issue. I really like the front camera as I don’t have a whole lot of room in my garage and it really helps. As for the rear view camera I’m not liking it right now. I’m guessing it’s likely more a problem with my eye site than the camera but whenever I look into the rear view mirror with the camera it takes a couple of seconds for my eyes to adjust. As I said I think it might be my eyes. I do however like the warning system and I’m not sorry I got the 2LT package, well worth it for me.
I felt the same way in regards to the rear view camera however your eyes/brain should adjust to it to the point that you will love it. For me that adjustment only took aprox 300 kms or so.

Reactions: canadiansteelman
I felt the same way in regards to the rear view camera however your eyes/brain should adjust to it to the point that you will love it. For me that adjustment only took aprox 300 kms or so.
I’m hoping that’s the case. I wasn’t able to drive the car a lot last year but I plan to enjoy it a lot more this year. Can’t wait for the nice weather.

I had the same thoughts and regrets as you my friend. But you will be fine. Don't worry about it one bit, you will get used to the blind spots. The added features in 2LT are nice but the only time I worried was before I got the car (like you). Once I got the car it was all fine.

I previously had the Camaro 2SS so I know how some of those added features are valuable but as someone who isn't loaded with cash or looking to resell I am happy with the savings.

Can't wait for March to come rolling around so I can try taking her out again!

Reactions: AndrewJ
Carbuff, did you get Z51 with your car?
@Gilles27

I specifically did not get the z51 package this time. I did on our previous Corvettes.

Reasons?
1. The brakes are huge on the non-Z51 car, and stopping distance with Z51 is not significantly better.
2. I really, really dislike the rear spoiler.
3. The car from a side profile looks much closer to a Ferrari without a spoiler
4. The car rides smoother without the stiff Z51 suspension, yet still has no body lean, and drives remarkably well. Very happy with that decision. the previous generations needed the Z51.

As a bonus, but not the reason for doing this, saved a bunch of $$. I do not plan to track the car > 95% of the people do not, even though they think they will.

@Gilles27

I specifically did not get the z51 package this time. I did on our previous Corvettes.

Reasons?
1. The brakes are huge on the non-Z51 car, and stopping distance with Z51 is not significantly better.
4. The car rides smoother without the stiff Z51 suspension, yet still has no body lean, and drives remarkably well. Very happy with that decision. the previous generations needed the Z51.

As a bonus, but not the reason for doing this, saved a bunch of $$. I do not plan to track the car > 95% of the people do not, even though they think they will.
1. There is about a 7 ft (2 m) difference from 100-0 kph mainly due to the tire differences. Hope you don't ever need that extra 7 ft.
2. So do I; I may take mine off and plug the holes.
3. Ditto
4. FE4 on mine.
The $$$ was put into the Z51 for performance benefits and the HTC for convenience/trunk space and dropped the nannies. Sorry nanny.

Last edited:
Reactions: JR410
@Gilles27

Reasons?

Exactly!!!

I’m was told a couple weeks back that my car is in event code 3000 which i’m Very excited about but now I’m 2nd guessing going with the 1LT because of the lack of cameras and side mirror warning system. As I’ve never had the opportunity to sit or drive the new C8 do any of you have issues with the blindspots?
If I understand correctly. The 1 lt has no cameras front or back? I have a c 7 and have sat in a c8. There is no way I would do without the cameras. You would do serious damage very quickly. Especially to your rims. My opinion you have to have these cameras. Good luck.

If you have other vehicles with blindspot monitoring you might miss it at first. Make sure mirrors are positioned properly and be vigilant when on multi-lane high speed heavily travelled roads that attract aggressive drivers - as in the GTA. If I were ordering a C8 again I wouldn't change a thing - a 1LT with Z51 & MRC - but mine is only an occasional driver, I live in a low density area and I just don't like paying for features I don't need or want.

If I understand correctly. The 1 lt has no cameras front or back? I have a c 7 and have sat in a c8. There is no way I would do without the cameras. You would do serious damage very quickly. Especially to your rims. My opinion you have to have these cameras. Good luck.
Since May 1st 2018, it has been mandatory for all cars in Canada to have back up rear cameras. Fronts not so much. Not sure how not having cameras could do serious damage to the rims though.?

Thats why my hog has loud pipes
C'mon man! You can't hear motorcycles when they are behind you. Perhaps useful when in front, but Idjets who can't see you will ignore you regardless. I get hundreds driving past my house all summer long and I'd love to tell them to shove it up their pipes! ;)

• Clever
Reactions: COP8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.