sante65

2 You're 10
Feb 16, 2011
Windsor
VetteCoins
Car
My '93 has a sagging drivers side door. Saggin down about a half an inch. Does fixing this involve a new hinge or just a pin and bushing replacement.

I'm sure someone will chime in but on my older vehicles (not sure if the C4 is old enough) I would have the door open at 45 degrees and lifting up on the back of it, see if there is any play in the hinges. If there is, you need new pins/bushings. If there is no play and it is solid, what we used to do is to put a block of wood under the door on the jam (so the jack would not touch the outside of the door) and use a car jack to lift it back up to get rid of the sag. I would feel comfortable doing this on my 81 Camaro but am not quite sure about this procedure on a C4 as I am not 100% sure of the construction of the door.

I'm sure someone will chime in but on my older vehicles (not sure if the C4 is old enough) I would have the door open at 45 degrees and lifting up on the back of it, see if there is any play in the hinges. If there is, you need new pins/bushings. If there is no play and it is solid, what we used to do is to put a block of wood under the door on the jam (so the jack would not touch the outside of the door) and use a car jack to lift it back up to get rid of the sag. I would feel comfortable doing this on my 81 Camaro but am not quite sure about this procedure on a C4 as I am not 100% sure of the construction of the door.

Pin & bushing :D

I have been told that the pin has a flange in it and cannot be replaced without replacing the entire hinge. Anyone else heard this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.