jeffy

Casual User
Feb 11, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1993 C4
Province
SK
I am letting my 93 LT1 Ruby Red go as I am picking up a 2013. Its got 135K on it and is in great shape. Comes with both hard top and soft top. Sad to see it go but only got heated storage for one car. I am wondering what everyone thinks is a good value?
vette.jpg

Reactions: nascar03
I am letting my 93 LT1 Ruby Red go as I am picking up a 2013. Its got 135K on it and is in great shape. Comes with both hard top and soft top. Sad to see it go but only got heated storage for one car. I am wondering what everyone thinks is a good value?View attachment 77786
Hey Jeffy. Welcome to the forum. At some point if this post goes beyond informative, we will ask that you post in the classified section of the forum. You will need to have 10 posts under your belt to qualify for using the Classifieds. Just an FYI. All good for now. :thumbs:

I am letting my 93 LT1 Ruby Red go as I am picking up a 2013. Its got 135K on it and is in great shape. Comes with both hard top and soft top. Sad to see it go but only got heated storage for one car. I am wondering what everyone thinks is a good value?View attachment 77786
wow I have had some views but I am surprised no one has a guess at range of value. Its my first Vette and just wondering if these cars are abit rare and collectable. Doesn't seem like too many around

wow I have had some views but I am surprised no one has a guess at range of value. Its my first Vette and just wondering if these cars are abit rare and collectable. Doesn't seem like too many around
I really know little about C4 values other than the ZR1 being high in demand and collectable for sure. There were 5,672 convertibles produced in 91 so I wouldn't say it was overly rare or collectable but that's just my opinion. I may be way off the mark here but since none of the C4 members have replied, I would wild guess in the $10 to $12k range.

I really know little about C4 values other than the ZR1 being high in demand and collectable for sure. There were 5,672 convertibles produced in 91 so I wouldn't say it was overly rare or collectable but that's just my opinion. I may be way off the mark here but since none of the C4 members have replied, I would wild guess in the $10 to $12k range.
Ok. Thanks. This is a 93 40th Anniversary Ruby Red convertible so thinking it’s abit more collectable. I can’t find many to compare to in Canada but finding some in USA. I am hoping Vette guys have seen these cars around somewhere just to give me an idea on value

Ok. Thanks. This is a 93 40th Anniversary Ruby Red convertible so thinking it’s abit more collectable. I can’t find many to compare to in Canada but finding some in USA. I am hoping Vette guys have seen these cars around somewhere just to give me an idea on value
Oops. Sorry. I misread the year.... Was it one of the 6700 or so built with the 40th Anniversary package (Z25 options). That would make a difference.

Oops. Sorry. I misread the year.... Was it one of the 6700 or so built with the 40th Anniversary package (Z25 options). That would make a difference.
Np. I enjoy the input. Mine has the 40th Anniversary logo on headrests, floor mats, side panel and back end. I am still hoping someone out there has seen a car like this along the way

In watching C4 prices, I have noted that mileage seems to be the driving factor. Less than 100,000KMs commands greater prices.
Suggest you do a search on auto trader, hemmings,buyavette.com, gateway classics, streetside classics. Some are american sites.
Look for similar mileage, drivetrain and condition. That will put you in the ballpark. Keep in mind ,as noted prior the ZR1's list significantly higher. Good Luck, it looks like a good one from your pic.

Reactions: Rubano87
Ok Thanks. That price is kinda what I am thinking. With mine having the removable hardtop that would make up for the more miles for sure . I will be sad to see this car go.

Np. I enjoy the input. Mine has the 40th Anniversary logo on headrests, floor mats, side panel and back end. I am still hoping someone out there has seen a car like this along the way
Yes. those trim options were all part of the Z25 anniversary package. In 93 that was a $1455.00 US add on.

40th Anniversary Package (Z25)

• A special edition package offered for the Corvette’s 40th Anniversary.
  • This package included Ruby Red metallic exterior paint and Ruby Red leather sports seats.
  • Included in the package was a power driver seat.
  • Special wheel center trim and emblems were also included.
  • It was offered on all packages – coupes, convertibles, and even on the ZR-1.

Is yours a 6 spd or auto? Found this add that has some impressive info about numbers and if your car is a 6 spd its only 1 of 241 sold!! Should be able to trace your VIN and get the info on your complete package. There are sites to enter the VIN and it give you the complete breakdown of your car. I'm trying to find it because I did it when i bought my car used.

The more information you can find on the rarity of your car to put into an ad will promote it very well and get buyers looking from across the border. With th e$$ exchange they get a bonus in purchasing here.

Here's the post
"1993 Chevrolet Corvette 40th Anniversary Edition, Convertible 6 SPEED!!!! RARE Hard Top Option (only 965 were equipped with this option) This car has only 16,023 Original Miles. EVEN MORE RARE, this Ruby Red dream car came optioned with the 6spd transmission, which means from what we can tell it's production number was around 1 of only 241 cars built. Other options include Matching Ruby Red Interior, Convertible Hard and Soft Top. Powered by the LT1 300hp V8. It has the original AM/FM/CD/Cass Delco/Bose Series Radio, Cruise Control, Tilt, Fog Lights, Power Windows, Locks, Mirrors, Power Driver's and Passenger Seats with power lumbar control! Also low tire pressure warning indicator, ELECTRONIC SELECTIVE RIDE AND HANDLING Option, as well as PERFORMANCE AXLE RATIO. In fact the only option this car doesn't have that we can tell is the luggage rack. This 40th is stunning and ready for the most discerning collector or the highly evolved enthusiast. Hard top stand pictured in photos not included in sale. This Anniversary Corvette has it all and delivers it in BEAUTIFUL PERFECTION!"

Hagerty also has a guideline for rating the car and valuing, but it comes down to current market as well. Also does not take into account mileage.
Hagerty Current Values Rating

#1 Concours $25,100 USD

#1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."

#2 Excellent $15,800 USD
#2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."

#3 Good $9,100 USD
#3 vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one-word description of a #3 vehicle

#4 Fair $4,900 USD
#4 vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.

Value Adjustments
  • +$3,000 for 40th Anv on base cpe
  • +$7,500 for 40th Annv on ZR-1.
  • +$4,000 on conv.
  • +$500 for glass roof on cpe.
  • +$1,000 for hard top on conv.
  • -10% for auto trans.

Wow Thanks for all the info. Mine is automatic but it has the removable hardtop and pop up soft top that isn’t real common. I will do some more research but could be abit more rare then I thought

Wow Thanks for all the info. Mine is automatic but it has the removable hardtop and pop up soft top that isn’t real common. I will do some more research but could be abit more rare then I thought

I posted info on the Forums about the GM Heritage Center and perhaps they can help you determine how rare your vehicle is. Some details and their contact info are here:

Reactions: RockyPM
I always watch Canadian ads in Ontario and I see few really good cars for sale C3 or C4 at least very few I would buy if I was in the market so for me pricing is all about condition.
It seems it would be pretty easy to pick up a C3 or 4 that needs $10 K in upholstery paint and tires.

Yes good point. One thing about Canadian cars is that they can only be used 6 months of the year. Mine is still in storage until April and is ready to get on the highway

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread