Aug 13, 2010
Port McNeill B.C
VetteCoins
Car
1980 , Red ,T.top
Changed the master cylinder, Proportioning valve, rear brake lines, Rebuilt calipers and new pads. Brakes bleed fine. Pedal is firm. Still have crappy rear brakes. In wet weather even on a fairly light application the front wheels lock up before I start slowing down. With the car jacked up , in gear and a full brake application the wheels turn with only a slight ammount of throttle. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe Tony just figured you would have an easier time doing burnouts.:D

All the lines to the back are new? Possibility of kinks....oh, nevermind, you said they bleed fine.... The pistons in the calipers do move? Is it possible that they are stuck? I'm only asking as I can't think of any reason why they won't work.

Hi.. the calipers have been rebuilt and the pistons move fine..
They do have the old style lip seals though(going to replace all four calipers=one weeps on the front)
I was wondering if I maybe got the wrong master cylinder from the parts place.. it has the same size reservoir front and back. and wasn't noticeably different than the old one.
I am kind of grasping at straws at this point(and a little pissed off that I haven't driven the car this summer)

Thanks for the input though.
Who needs brakes anyway... they just stop the fun..
larryvs

Users who are viewing this thread