Its on the Road again!

My brother called me one day from Calgary in May of 2015 saying he got wind of a 1970 454 Corvette that was taken apart in 1979 and had not been on the road since. I got excited about this opportunity but from past experience, cars disassembled to “eventually be reassembled” made us leery. As long as the engine could be turned over by hand and we had a rough inventory of what was included I was willing to buy it and the parts necessary to reassemble if he was willing to do the hard work, reassembling the car. After purchasing the car we inventoried what we had, started purchasing parts and did a little research into the history of this car. Almost two years later it is ready.

Attachments

• 1970 vette.jpg
    1970 vette.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
...OMG... !!!! I can't believe it . Always wondered what happened to it and if all the stolen parts were ever found. We had everything NOS to put it back together but then my friend sold the car as is, then the tragedy happened. That 454 ran ok when I started it , so my guess you didn't have to redo the motor . It had one broken exh manifold bolt on drivers side from the old headers it had on it hooked to Thrush side pipes. That was a old nos outside door handle on right door I put on just before it left here. Wait till I call my buddy tonight and tell him his 70 is alive. Thanks for posting, would love to see more pics in and out. Congrats and nice job. I could add that I know the car was up in northern alberta . If I remember right the not so good roads it travelled on punched a hole in the oil pan and buggered the 454. A GM dealer replacement motor was installed and that is what you have in the car. Looking at the car would I be right at saying the paint was just touched up here and there and the car wet sanded and polished ?

Last edited:
Rudy , pm me and I can give you more info about the car if interested . Hard to read the miles in the pic( looks different number ) but speedo should say 62 K ???? as that is what original was on this car , thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.