Featured Thread

YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
My very First Car, my High School Car.
Dad taught me a lesson, offering to give me his Car or pay for my College.
:Hurray: I chose the Car :Hurray:
:Confused5: Wanted my independence so bad without really thinking about it :oops:
:eek: after all I had to get a Job to pay for one or the other anyway :Cryin:
never thought that saving to buy this USED Car would be cheaper than College
:Banghead:

Nevertheless this is my First Car
1969 Chevy-II Nova 250 straight-six
A/T, Muscle-Steering & Muscle-Braking
went really fast - downhill :rolleyes:

So had to put spring lifters on right away and the tires with baby-moons
The Very Loudly Amplified Stereo was next of course
:Woohoo: Party On :Woohoo:

Then I started to dislike the Green Colour
got to play with body filler and what-not
got a cheap good-looking Blue paintjob and then the "Social-Life" stepped up a notch
Proudly owned from 1979 until 1985
reliable for my Fast-food Jobs, Summer Jobs and getting to College
along with all the what-not shenanigans on the weekends
:Nono1: of which I don't remember at all :Nono1:

seeing any 1968-1970 Chevy-II at today's
Show & Shines make me want this car all over again
seeing Interiors of '69 Camaro & Chevelle too as knobs, handles & radio were same
Owners' Manual was for Nova, Chevelle & Camaro

I really really really miss this Car
:Angelsad2:
1969-1985

ncad20170913_93.jpg

Hey! When I went Blue, I forgot all about putting in a sunroof in too ...
ncad20170913_94.jpg

there we go, all documented for me to look back at when my dementia sets in :Confused5:

Last edited:
You've got to get a pic of the driver of the car,circa 1979-1985. Those must be included at some point ! This would've been a cool first car to own. Myself,those yellow traction bars always looked cool on those cars. Whether they needed em or not. Lol. Good stuff Spence.

There were a few of these Novas around town when I went to high school. One black one in particular was one I will never forget. Perfect paint and interior. Lifted with traction bars. Cammed up 350 that sounded awesome from a really well done exhaust system. All tied together with a 4 speed C/W Hurst shift handle.
Real quiet guy owned it and I never seen this car dirty, spin a tire or race. He totally babied the car always. People would bug him to race the dodge products and GTOs all the time but he just smiled and said no thanks.
I bet he still has it and it looks and runs the same.
Ahhhh memories of a different era...

Great post Spence. Thinking back just made my day. :)

Got so caught up reminiscing I forgot to tell you your car looked awesome in the Blue with those wheels!

How did I miss this thread? Great stories and pictures. First cars are pretty special.

Thanks for sharing this.:thumbs:
I am happy Nik added this section and for the comments these posts get ...
I have a permanent place for my photos and to revisit this car (along with my others) as I now enjoy the Stingrays ...
I am also enjoying what others can bring to this section and hope to see a lot more posts ...
(the rest of my past stable is frightening :nailbiting: which includes a 2002 Montana-vision although wonderfully reminiscent of parenting)

20171204_173503.jpg
20171204_173525.jpg
20171204_173454.jpg

My first car was a 1958 Chevrolet Delray. No radio. Bought it from my dad after he owned it for 10 years. Three on the tree. This was the car I learned to drive and get my license on my 16th birthday.
Second was a 1963 Chevrolet Impala. Power steering and Power brakes, dual exhaust and a two door hardtop. Many great memories in this car...
Next is a 1972 Chevrolet Nova with a V8 that was so small it would get beat by Datsun 510's. I had it painted Green, added the SS plate on the rear and SS hood to the car. Mag wheels and it was cool.
Notice that I was a true Chevrolet fan. I had a passion for Chev's ever since I was 6 years old.

View attachment 13089 View attachment 13092 View attachment 13093
My first car was a 1958 Chevrolet Delray. No radio. Bought it from my dad after he owned it for 10 years. Three on the tree. This was the car I learned to drive and get my license on my 16th birthday.
Second was a 1963 Chevrolet Impala. Power steering and Power brakes, dual exhaust and a two door hardtop. Many great memories in this car...
Next is a 1972 Chevrolet Nova with a V8 that was so small it would get beat by Datsun 510's. I had it painted Green, added the SS plate on the rear and SS hood to the car. Mag wheels and it was cool.
Notice that I was a true Chevrolet fan. I had a passion for Chev's ever since I was 6 years old.
I am smiling ...
I can not resist borrowing from Brent08 to comment on this one ...
ILOVEIT.jpg
Thank you
(deserving of their own thread in this section)​

Not my first car but my first corvette, 86 C4. I was living in Vancouver so it was a daily driver. Only got caught once in a snow storm on the Coqihalla, front bumper was pushing snow but I made it to Merritt.
When I moved to Calfornia it came with me. Had some real fun with it down there. Eventually sold it to a nice young lady for 8k. My first car was a 68 Dodge Charger R/T. Wish I had it right now. Don't even have any pictures of it. Oh well.

Attachments

• 1981 Corvette - 2.jpg
    1981 Corvette - 2.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: nascar03
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.