SandyM

I'm New Here
Feb 20, 2015
Whitby On
VetteCoins
Car
1965 Coupe
Hi Guys - I am New to the Forum - Have a 1965 L79 Coupe - doing some pre summer work - going through the rear suspension and notice that the strut rods are not straight - they both have a intentional arc to them and I do not see these in any of the Vendor books - was wondering if these were factor parts or something from another year perhaps - also looking to do shocks/bushings etc - not a NCRS restoration for judging but want to keep true to factory as I can - any help is appreciated - Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to the forum!!

One person who should know is Manny (Nasty98). Send him a PM and he should be able to assist you or you can also send vt65 a PM and he can look at his car for you.

hi Sandy the strut rods should not be arced or bent, likely someone has placed a jack under them while raising the back of the car, they should be changed out and replaced with straight ones, perhaps someone could straighten them for you. While you have them out replace the bushings but don't use polyurethane unless you like squeeks, the stock ones work well for years. You can also buy the heavy duty (adjustable) struts shown on the same page for $199. USD, they are a great addition to make. Here is one good source for parts:

http://www.corvettecentral.com/c2/

the page with the struts:

http://www.parts123.com/corvettecen...fibB&pagesize=50&page=1&addcat=57&subcat=57GX

Last edited:
Hi Guys - I am New to the Forum - Have a 1965 L79 Coupe - doing some pre summer work - going through the rear suspension and notice that the strut rods are not straight - they both have a intentional arc to them and I do not see these in any of the Vendor books - was wondering if these were factor parts or something from another year perhaps - also looking to do shocks/bushings etc - not a NCRS restoration for judging but want to keep true to factory as I can - any help is appreciated - Sandy

Hi Sandy , I have access to all those parts and more .
Please drop me an email at :
[email protected]

Or Drop in for a tour of my facility.

I agree they should certainly be straight. A number of different styles are available. I wouldn't worry about adjustable ones if all you are doing is street driving.

T

i agree BUT she has to replace the strut rods anyway she might has well get the adjustable ones as it makes the aligning of the rear easier and it eliminates the adjusting cams (shown below):
http://www.parts123.com/corvettecentral/dyndetail.pta?catalog=0000050b&ukey=AAAOI

just a better mousetrap :D

Thanks Guys

Thanks Guys - Little brown truck just arrived with My Christmas List from CC - rear end work on the way - Looking for a set of wheels - either bolt on knock offs or KH steel rims if anyone has any just laying around ( as if ) - thanks for your responses to help :seeya:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.