Apr 6, 2011
france
VetteCoins
Car
1960 c1
Hi,
I have a beautiful Corvette from 1960. I want to have it renovated and I need advice from you. First of all I want to put in power steering. Do you know where are the best places to get the parts for that? Please mind I live in Europe, France so internet shops are preferred. Also, do you think all wiring should be changed? Any other changes, you reckon?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Welcome from France, might be hard to locate most of your parts but you could purchase
through the net as you stated and have shipped, would be expensive.
I know there are a few vendors that have many parts for the C1 here are a few.

Corvette Central is a sponser here and might be able to help you out if you PM them.
they have their own section if you look in the forums, Good Luck.
http://www.corvettecentral.com/

Here to PM them.
http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/members/corvette-central.html

Hi,
I have a beautiful Corvette from 1960. I want to have it renovated and I need advice from you. First of all I want to put in power steering. Do you know where are the best places to get the parts for that? Please mind I live in Europe, France so internet shops are preferred. Also, do you think all wiring should be changed? Any other changes, you reckon?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Just curious - why do you need power steering? OK - I have a 1962 and it takes a some muscle for parking - but power steering takes away from the great feel of the C1 Vettes. If you are changing everything and don't care about the originality or any NCRS/ other awards/judging recognition, then I would understand - but otherwise - I just wonder?

Welcome Cocorvette......congrats on owning a C1 -- they are rare. Love that you're restoring it and you'll probably want to keep it as original as possible.

Post pics for us please and keep us up on progress.

You're very welcome here and we congratulate you on your project and wish you much luck.

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.