I'm New Here
Dec 26, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
1960 corvette
Province
ON
1960 POWERGLIDE SETUP
I have a 1960 powerglide tranny that is matching to a 230HP single barrel carb. It seems all the parts suppliers have diagrams for 56/57 and 63 setups but nothing for 60 Powerglides. If someone has the same setup any help with this would be appreciated. I have posted three linkages, two are the same and one is different. Pictures of your setup, any correct parts or diagrams or vacuum lines you have would really help.
Thanks Katch

Attachments

• CFA4586E-A8B2-4968-83B1-F2EB4E2B2CD0.jpeg
    CFA4586E-A8B2-4968-83B1-F2EB4E2B2CD0.jpeg
    932.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 080FC825-2BAA-4F22-AC69-12F2CE61A608.jpeg
    080FC825-2BAA-4F22-AC69-12F2CE61A608.jpeg
    810 KB · Views: 19
  • 8034F683-C05E-4283-B1E0-8BAE1BE29DE6.jpeg
    8034F683-C05E-4283-B1E0-8BAE1BE29DE6.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 22
Are you sure that's a single barrel carb? I suspect it's 2. Either way, it's begging for a 4bbl aluminum hi rise intake and a nice big Quadra-jet .
Or, a 4bbl throttle body with a stand-alone fuel injection system.
While you're at it, let it breathe out also, Stainless Chevy Hugger Headers SBC street rod 265 283 305 307 327 350 383 400 SS | eBay
I suspect Katch is aiming for a correct original style setup and if you observe he has a WCFB 4-Barrell carb mounted. He is doing a nice job. Whoever his Parts Vender is should have a parts book/list of related pieces that go with his setup. My 58 PG is virtually identical. Where you located Katch?

You're probably right, 50th
I suspect Katch is aiming for a correct original style setup and if you observe he has a WCFB 4-Barrell carb mounted. He is doing a nice job. Whoever his Parts Vender is should have a parts book/list of related pieces that go with his setup. My 58 PG is virtually identical. Where you located Katch?

Thank you for your response, the first two responses I get they are trying to sell me something. All I am looking for is some help on what I need to complete this project. I am in the Halton area. AEfan, any help you can give me would be truly appreciated. Any extra parts you have would be a help also to purchase.
Katch

Thank you for your response, the first two responses I get they are trying to sell me something. All I am looking for is some help on what I need to complete this project. I am in the Halton area. AEfan, any help you can give me would be truly appreciated. Any extra parts you have would be a help also to purchase.
Katch
Update for the C-1 fans following Katch and I had a chat, actually a lengthy one and he has a few references to contact that may shed some light on his PG issues. I learned we know a lot of mutual people in the hobby that still are alive and do good work. We are 1hr away from each other and plan on a visit soon. He has had this car a Very long time and wants it right.

Update for the C-1 fans following Katch and I had a chat, actually a lengthy one and he has a few references to contact that may shed some light on his PG issues. I learned we know a lot of mutual people in the hobby that still are alive and do good work. We are 1hr away from each other and plan on a visit soon. He has had this car a Very long time and wants it right.
Yes, thank you for taking the time to chat, your C-1 knowledge is invaluable. Please allow me some time to straighten my garage up so I do not embarrass myself.
Thanks Katch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.