AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
I am not much to speak of things before they are settled. While we were travelling through the US, specifically Ventura County, the Z06 was rear ended by an 18 wheeler causing a bit of damage. The rear upper panel, rear diffuser, light assembly, lower right vent and right light bracket had to be replaced, and the rear of the car repainted.

As much as we may think matching a new paint is easy, it is not and John Caravaggio let me know that right off. The left rear quarter had to be blended, trunk lid fixed and blended, and right repainted and blended. The car was, in turn, half naked until the perfect match could be complete. Oh as well...XPel reapplication to the entire back end was necessary. Insurance pegged it at just under $8K...for this. (See Classifieds for orig Stage 2 splitter and siderails)

IMG_3090.JPG IMG_3095.JPG IMG_3096.JPG

Luckily it was all external damage and nothing whatsoever structural. Thank God that rear cooler fan wasn't touched or that might have left us stranded in the US with much more on our hands. Simply replace and repaint. So...got the car back from John today.... Wow!!!! You might notice some new carbon fiber on the front and sides as well.

IMG_4900.JPG IMG_4905.JPG IMG_4931.JPG IMG_4910.JPG IMG_4914.JPG IMG_4900.JPG IMG_4905.JPG IMG_4931.JPG IMG_4910.JPG IMG_4914.JPG

At the end of the day does what occurred bother me....not so much. The trip was a once in a lifetime thing and we all have to be prepared for such. The car is like new..paint the perfect match and new CF I paid for is amazing!

Last edited:
I am not much to speak of things before they are settled. While we were travelling through the US, specifically Ventura County, the Z06 was rear ended by an 18 wheeler causing a bit of damage. The rear upper panel, rear diffuser, light assembly, lower right vent and right light bracket had to be replaced, and the rear of the car repainted.

As much as we may think matching a new paint is easy, it is not and John Caravaggio let me know that right off. The left rear quarter had to be blended, trunk lid fixed and blended, and right repainted and blended. The car was, in turn, half naked until the perfect match could be complete. Oh as well...XPel reapplication to the entire back end was necessary. Insurance pegged it at just under $8K...for this. (See Classifieds for orig Stage 2 splitter and siderails)

View attachment 3435 View attachment 3436 View attachment 3437

Luckily it was all external damage and nothing whatsoever structural. Thank God that rear cooler fan wasn't touched or that might have left us stranded in the US with much more on our hands. Simply replace and repaint. So...got the car back from John today.... Wow!!!! You might notice some new carbon fiber on the front and sides as well.

View attachment 3438 View attachment 3439 View attachment 3440 View attachment 3441 View attachment 3442 View attachment 3438 View attachment 3439 View attachment 3440 View attachment 3441 View attachment 3442

At the end of the day does what occurred bother me....not so much. The trip was a once in a lifetime thing and we all have to be prepared for such. The car is like new..paint the perfect match and new CF I paid for is amazing!

Unfortunate accident, good that it all worked out! You guys are having an awesome trip!!

Great news that you were able to get it professionally repaired Les. Thankfully it was not worse, you seldom tangle with an 18 wheeler and come out with this amount of damage.

The add on's look great and I am pleased that you got it fixed to your satisfaction.:thumbs:

Yup truly better than new and, in fact, I have a set of Apr carbon fiber spats on the way to kame it fluid from the front CF splitter to the CF side rails...will post piks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.