Hey... cam across a used fast 90, TB and Granatelli MAF. Guy wants $1400 including the fuel rails and hoses...

Doesn't seem like that great a deal.... Am I wrong?

Anthony its not bad but I bet you could get a 92 with the same parts for the same or less . Now if you go with the fuel rails you will not be able to put the FRC's back on .
I am always a bit afraid of used FAST intakes especially older ones as there are alot of damaged ones floating around . Cracked ,over ported thing's like that so be careful.

Thx
[email protected]

If the new FAST 102 outperforms the old 90/92 then there will be quite a few switching over and all those
old intakes will be for sale. As Manny said be carefull as there are many floating around that are damaged
and or have been fixed with JB weld.

Guy came back and said it was a 92 after I said he was on the high side. I just don't see how a 25% discount from new makes it worth while to pursue. He wants $6500 for the whole (30,000 km) LS-6 but $1400 for just the intake. Does that mean you can buy the whole motor for $5k? That'd probably be an even better deal than the intake. LOL

So many people have problems with the tuning of the Granatelli MAF's I would stay away for it myself
and stick with the GM Z06 unit, dont think your going to see any big HP with it anyways.
Go with the FAST 102 and a LS2 TB, maybe Ron@Vengeance will have some more numbers out soon.

Guy came back and said it was a 92 after I said he was on the high side. I just don't see how a 25% discount from new makes it worth while to pursue. He wants $6500 for the whole (30,000 km) LS-6 but $1400 for just the intake. Does that mean you can buy the whole motor for $5k? That'd probably be an even better deal than the intake. LOL

Did you tell TaylorS8 about this engine? He's sort of sniffing around for one for his '73.

You guys will have to clue me in a bit more on this. How does an intake become damaged just sitting on a car? Are they hard to remove, do they have to be modified to fit the engine in the first place? How do you check for damage on an old unit? Is it visible or just hairline cracks?

And lastly, if you add a CAI, MAF, TB, intake manifold, headers, cat back, and a tune, at what point do the fuel injectors run out of duty cycle and you have to upgrade those?

Riley, some have damaged the intake by not putting in the proper valley bolts on install of the FAST.
Since the intake has been optimized for airflow the bottom of the unit is very close to the valley
top plate and the normal socket head screws stick up too high, once you go and tighten it down it
cracks the bottom of the FAST, some guys then JB weld over the holes and fix them up.
To solve the problem you have to use round button head screws so they do not interfere with the
bottom of the FAST intake.

Also with self porting a few people have been known to get a little too aggressive and break though the
inner walls as the thickness can vary so they breakout the JB weld again.
Along with FI applications, or NOS you can blow out an internal section of the unit or the rubber & silicon
that is used to join the 3 pieced unit together after porting.

If you get a crack, leak or bad seating of the FAST on the engine then you will get a vacuum leak and a
bad idle or seeking idle.

To my knowledge the FAST 90/92 fit on the vette, dont know about the Fbody, the new 102LSXr fits the
vette directly I think, there used to be a Spinmoster Mod for a C6 FAST 102 to fit the vette.
This involved removing a chunk of the back end on the manifold to get under the hood cowl.
I think thats right, Manny can chime in here if wrong.

As for the injectors you can use one of the internet sizing programs or read the charts below, dont think you
should run the injectors on a duty more then 80%, so if you go over then move to a higher flow injector.

Injector Sizing Program.
RC Fuel Injection

Fuel Injector Flow Program.
Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Toolbox Calculators | Fuel Injector Flow Calculator

Injector Charts.
injectorchart.jpg

Last edited:
there are a bunch of engines for sale right now in Edmonton... an LS-1 for 3500, this LS-6 for $6500 and a (supposedly with 6000km's only) ZR1 LT5 multi-cam for 6000 (i think)

From a COOL factor, what would be cooler than a multi cam C3??? :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.