Well bitter Vaughn....... If all goes as planned, I will let you get behind the wheel of my Z06 and we can go for a blast around the block at the Ponoka show in the spring.

That would be GREAT!

The only downside is 1. I’ll likely not want to relinquish the driver seat and 2. I’ll be hit with this huge sense of loss, when I do and 3. driving my Stingray may NEVER be the same after. Given those three I may have to reconsider….

Naaaah. I’m hooked now……lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Well bitter Vaughn....... If all goes as planned, I will let you get behind the wheel of my Z06 and we can go for a blast around the block at the Ponoka show in the spring.
Ouch. That was a mistake posting that where we can all see it... Now there will be a line up for rides in your Z.... lol....

That would be GREAT!

The only downside is 1. I’ll likely not want to relinquish the driver seat and 2. I’ll be hit with this huge sense of loss, when I do and 3. driving my Stingray may NEVER be the same after. Given those three I may have to reconsider….

Naaaah. I’m hooked now……lol.
I just hope for early spring so I can take a road trip.....

I just hope for early spring so I can take a road trip.....
Bad news…
9B85F40A-3862-416B-B322-A145FDEC30E2.jpeg

And I highly doubt we'll see even that reduced 3.9% of any Z06 or (future) E-Ray production...PLUS (yes, I'm all "doom and gloom" for this Friday...Jack is rubbing off on me; lol) when GM starts increasing the allocations to Europe, Japan and Australia chasing that bigger profit, I expect those allocations to once again, be directly subtracted from Canadian allocations, further reducing the 3.9%. AND since GM has now broken into the "wow, this is making us a LOT of money" world-wide market, it'll keep feeding Corvettes overseas...so when the C9, C10, etc. generations are built, DO NOT expect Canadian allocations to EVER increase, but rather (most likely) continue to decrease. And then, don't forget the lucrative soon-to-be Corvette SUV market...with the same thing happening there...

So our choices when looking to buy a Corvette in Canada (now and into the future):

1) buy used from a fellow-Canadian or a Canadian dealership, so fight for the "scraps" that are already in Canada;
2) buy used from the States (getting KILLED on the US exchange rate);
3) wait "FOREVER" for a new one;
4) pack up the family/job and say good-bye to friends and loved-ones, and MOVE TO THE STATES. Have fun with that one: there are stringent US entry requirements for wanna-be US residents;
5) don't buy one. Purchase another sport car brand. Maybe that will be the most effective message to GM about how Canadians (historically their #2 Corvette market) feel about losing a massive amount of Canadian allocations. I don't know about you, but when I'm at the Prom dance and reluctantly/finally realize the "girl of my dreams" is not only ignoring me but actively putting me down, I'll stop beating my head against the wall and look elsewhere for companionship and be all the happier for it...

Which option will you choose?

Note: from a bitter "I expected to be driving a Z06 by now" Canadian...who realizes even though Z06's are hard to come by for everyone, it'll be YEARS before I can get behind the wheel of one...and I'm not getting any younger...
I’m hoping the USA market will soon be saturated with C8 Stingrays so they can export more to Canada and other countries. As for the Z06, it’s going to be a long wait.

How long was each model year produced? I believe MY production has varied in length.
I forget when 2020 started maybe Dec 2019 ? Then Covid interrupted it.
2020 MY Dec 2019 to Dec 2020
2021 MY Dec 14 2020 to Sept 6th 2021
2022 MY Sept 6th 2021 to May 16th 2022
2023 MY May 16th 2022 to ?

Reactions: Noreplacement
On March 1st production numbers of 2023 C8 have surpassed previous record of 26,216 C8s produced in 2021 and that is not including the Z06s so 2023 is turning out to be the best year so far. They might hit 40,000 this year.

Canada has received 7.2% of total production in 2021 and only 3.9% in 2022

Update: There has now been over 100,000 C8s produced in total in the last 3 years
Oh yay, be as common as SUV’s pretty soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.