blackhat

I'm New Here
Apr 3, 2010
Fredericton
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6
Good Evening,

I took my 05 C6 to the stealer/dealer today to have a clutch pedal spring replaced - simple job - not to expensive. Well the Service Manager just called and told me that my Clutch Master Cylinder broke. I asked how this could have happen and he told me that the technician simply depressed the clutch and it never returned back to the orginal position. This apparently is caused by a blown clutch master cylinder.

I asked how a master cylinder could work and then just break. He said these things happen. - yea sure they do.

Needless to say I asked what they plan to do about it and they said they would order the part ($250.00) and install it (3-4 hours of labour) and the cost would be my problem.

Don't these dealer accept some responsiblity for their actions, particularly since the vehicle was in their care. What if they ran over a nail and blew a tire - who is responsible - me.

Now that I have that off my chest can someone tell how a clutch master cylinder can work fine one moment and not the next. I never felt anything when driving.

The car has 45K Km and not driven hard.

Your thoughts would be helpful

I can't comment on the specifics of the clutch master cylinder buy I would imagine that it's similar to an accessory belt. Good one minute... Toasted the next.

Having said that... I'd recommend you find a local performance shop that knows something about these cars and forget about the dealer all together.

i can't comment on the specifics of the clutch master cylinder buy i would imagine that it's similar to an accessory belt. Good one minute... Toasted the next.

Having said that... I'd recommend you find a local performance shop that knows something about these cars and forget about the dealer all together.

+1111111111

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.