right in front of the mode select dial

in a 1LT there would only be the traction control button
in a 2 LT there would be the traction control button AND the front camera button and if you have the front lift like me :).....there would be a third button all in front of the mode select dial !
Ah yes, I see it. The left of 3 buttons.

Reactions: Vettenut
Probation and an electronic ankle bracelet are deterrents too..
My mother often told me that strong deterrents will clean your socks.
Is that right? I always get confused with that. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Ok, so I did some experimenting with launching but still not getting it right. I get the start message in Track but it doesn't give a time. Just reads 0 during a launch. But then, when I'm done playing, it's stuck in Track mode. Twisting the Mode dial does nothing. To release Track mode I have to stop the car, turn engine off and restart. Now Mode choices are normal.
The manual isn't much help. Next step is the dealer service.
But just so I'm doing it right; go to Track mode, set performance timer on dash, hit Traction button 2x, press brake HARD, floor gas to 3500, release brake? Tnx.

I was on a cruise in the Hamilton area, this past Saturday, some were talking about the launch process and had no problem with it. Many of those users should be able to reply with help, if you are doing it wrong, other than that, you are right, off to the dealer. It was also said, that after doing it, doubt they would do it again. Now that was an interesting comment!

I don't anticipate that a it's going to need a wrench to analyze it, the service writer there is quite knowledgeable. So is the salesman. I expect a bit of instruction from either of them will sort it out.
I will certainly be doing it more than once. Have already impressed several friends in the passenger seat, pinning their head against the headrest. Typical reaction is "WOW!!!"

Ok, so I did some experimenting with launching but still not getting it right. I get the start message in Track but it doesn't give a time. Just reads 0 during a launch. But then, when I'm done playing, it's stuck in Track mode. Twisting the Mode dial does nothing. To release Track mode I have to stop the car, turn engine off and restart. Now Mode choices are normal.
The manual isn't much help. Next step is the dealer service.
But just so I'm doing it right; go to Track mode, set performance timer on dash, hit Traction button 2x, press brake HARD, floor gas to 3500, release brake? Tnx.
It should NOT get stuck in track mode! That could be an issue in and itself which could be the problem.
However, the way to know you are doing it right is when you floor the gas pedal the revs ONLY go to 3500. If you don't have your foot hard enough on the brake the revs will go much higher than 3500 when you floor it.

Ok
Here’s the problem with bringing the car to the dealer for this problem

Do you really want some cowboy 🤠 mechanic doing test launches in your beautiful C8 🤪🤪😂😂

Oh that’s a scary thought

If I’m the mechanic I might be taking my time diagnosing that problem

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
It should NOT get stuck in track mode! That could be an issue in and itself which could be the problem.
However, the way to know you are doing it right is when you floor the gas pedal the revs ONLY go to 3500. If you don't have your foot hard enough on the brake the revs will go much higher than 3500 when you floor it.
No, 3500 is tops every time. Except once when I forgot and tried to do it in Tour. 1500. D'oh!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Hallelujah !!!!!!!
Now gentlemen...........

Here we have it......now i know the reason that my performance timer was not working :)

I had my dam speed warning set at 110 km/h what a dumb #$%@@:Banghead: I am

whenever i had success with a 0 to 100 i had never blown the speed warning !!

every time i would do a 0 to 100 I would always blow 110 km/h and the speed warning would go off and the timer would reset to 0..... HA!!

See you learn something new every day .... and what a sexy teacher that C8 is !!!

So ..... I know you guys know this but im just putting it here because it makes me feel good :p

1...C8 in track mode

2...Double tap traction control for competition mode

3...Select the performance timer to start

4...Left foot on the brake VERY hard

5...Floor the gas pedal with the right...Love this part ;) to achieve 3500 rpms

6... Let go of the brake with the gas pedal still floored

7...Hang on for dear life.

And oh yea make sure your speed warning is disabled or its set way above 100 km/h

PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL AND MINDFUL OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS WHEN ATTEMPTING THIS

Thanks for all the feedback.....dam this is a fun car !

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.