Sep 30, 2021
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
21 Vette Z51
Province
ON
Hey ... hope all are doing well

Heres my issue...( if it actually is one )

When i do a 0 - 60 in my 2021 C8 ... I put the car in track mode double click the traction control to get competitive mode . I then chose the performance timer on the dash.
I apply the brake and rev to 3500.....then comes the fun part .. violent acceleration to 60
I can see the timer running but when i come to a stop it says timing complete but it shows 0.0 for the time
Can anyone here shed some light on this ? I am prob doing something wrong
Being in Canada my car is set in metric .... so its actually a 0 - 100

Thanks

Hey ... hope all are doing well

Heres my issue...( if it actually is one )

When i do a 0 - 60 in my 2021 C8 ... I put the car in track mode double click the traction control to get competitive mode . I then chose the performance timer on the dash.
I apply the brake and rev to 3500.....then comes the fun part .. violent acceleration to 60
I can see the timer running but when i come to a stop it says timing complete but it shows 0.0 for the time
Can anyone here shed some light on this ? I am prob doing something wrong
Being in Canada my car is set in metric .... so its actually a 0 - 100

Thanks
I don't think you are doing it right at all.
yes, to double click, but no to foot on brake and rev to 3500.
RAM your foot on the brake HARD!! Ram your foot to the floor with the gas pedal. THEN let go the brake.

Thanks .....I will give it a try .....trying is the fun part
I made the same mistake when I first tried it. You will know if you are on the brake hard enough because when you floor the gas pedal it will only rev to 3500. Oh and one more thing. Wait briefly while the car settles on 3500 rpm's. Sometimes it searches a little before settling right on 3500. You can hold it there for ever if you want to. I always forget to set the timer so I'm sitting with my foot hard on the brake and the gas to the floor and then set the timer.

I made the same mistake when I first tried it. You will know if you are on the brake hard enough because when you floor the gas pedal it will only rev to 3500. Oh and one more thing. Wait briefly while the car settles on 3500 rpm's. Sometimes it searches a little before settling right on 3500. You can hold it there for ever if you want to. I always forget to set the timer so I'm sitting with my foot hard on the brake and the gas to the floor and then set the timer.
ok sounds good....but if i wasnt giving enough pressure wouldnt the car move a bit ?
the car didnt move but i will for sure try the very hard pressure on the brake pedal
iv had the car for almost a year and still not getting it right lol
thanks so much for taking the time to humor me
next time i try it i will snap a pick of my displays and post them here
theres a massive parking lot that no one ever goes to and its really wide and long enough to do 2 launches no problem and the best part is it is not city streets
thanks again ! ill let you know how i make out

tony

ok sounds good....but if i wasnt giving enough pressure wouldnt the car move a bit ?
the car didnt move but i will for sure try the very hard pressure on the brake pedal
No, the car knows how much pressure you are applying to the brake. It has nothing to do with the car moving. The car insists on so much pressure on the brake pedal. You really have to put your foot into it. Not just to keep the car from moving.

No, the car knows how much pressure you are applying to the brake. It has nothing to do with the car moving. The car insists on so much pressure on the brake pedal. You really have to put your foot into it. Not just to keep the car from moving.
Thank you
i will give it a go in a day or 2 when i have some time :):)

Reactions: Murray20c8
Thank you
i will give it a go in a day or 2 when i have some time :):)
BTW, You can do the routine anywhere without launching. Once you have turned off the nannies, stood on the brake, floored the gas pedal and the revs stabilize at 3500, simply remove your foot from the gas and it will not launch. Then you can ease up on the brake, turn the nannies back on and carry on your way. Just don't do it in the garage! ;)

BTW, You can do the routine anywhere without launching. Once you have turned off the nannies, stood on the brake, floored the gas pedal and the revs stabilize at 3500, simply remove your foot from the gas and it will not launch. Then you can ease up on the brake, turn the nannies back on and carry on your way. Just don't do it in the garage! ;)
Unless you have a bigger garage than Murray.... :Biggrin:

Hi finally had a chance to do some good launches .
tires gripped very well ...... best time was 3 seconds

did leave some rubber at the start and I feel the car can do much better if the tires were hotter

thanks for all your insight !!!!
I take it you noticed the difference from the way you were doing it?
The road makes a huge difference. The newer the pavement the better. Older is generally dirtier. Dirt and traction do not go together. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yea I went to my trusty parking lot that is very clean no loose dirt or rubble

It’s funny ..... there was a few guys there messing around with some radio control cars .... they were real serious hobby guys

Oh they got suck a kick out of my C8 .., spent more time shooting the breeze with them than launching the car

It’s amazing how this car brings people together .... I’ve met so many new friends

One example at the end of last summer I was at my daughters house well actually I bought it and she just lives there 😂
The C8 was in the driveway and this lady in her 30s walks up with 2 little boys and kindly asks if she could take some pics with her sons around the car

I did her one better and let her sons sit in the drivers seat while she snapped mabe about 25 pictures

With upgrades and of course taxes I have about a buck 50 in this car ... wheels rubber new rotors pads ppf ceramic coating and on and on

WORTH EVERY PENNY

And the icing on the cake is a great community right here for me to ask dumb questions and get knowledgeable answers

Thanks again for the info

Launches are fun

Tony

It’s funny ..... there was a few guys there messing around with some radio control cars .... they were real serious hobby guys

Oh they got suck a kick out of my C8 .., spent more time shooting the breeze with them than launching the car

It’s amazing how this car brings people together .... I’ve met so many new friends

One example at the end of last summer I was at my daughters house well actually I bought it and she just lives there 😂
The C8 was in the driveway and this lady in her 30s walks up with 2 little boys and kindly asks if she could take some pics with her sons around the car

I did her one better and let her sons sit in the drivers seat while she snapped mabe about 25 pictures

With upgrades and of course taxes I have about a buck 50 in this car ... wheels rubber new rotors pads ppf ceramic coating and on and on

WORTH EVERY PENNY

And the icing on the cake is a great community right here for me to ask dumb questions and get knowledgeable answers

Launches are fun

Tony

Several years ago one of our members had the idea to buy Hot Wheels Corvettes as give-a-ways for the kids that fawn over our cars. I have about 6 or so in my car at all times for that purpose.
$1.25 at Walmart really puts a smile on both theirs and their moms and dads faces and hopefully instills the dream of owning a Corvette someday into a youngsters head. All good.

Several years ago one of our members had the idea to buy Hot Wheels Corvettes as give-a-ways for the kids that fawn over our cars. I have about 6 or so in my car at all times for that purpose.
$1.25 at Walmart really puts a smile on both theirs and their moms and dads faces and hopefully instills the dream of owning a Corvette someday into a youngsters head. All good.
I would be so arrested if I did that in Hellmilton...

WORTH EVERY PENNY

Launches are fun

Tony

I brought a dozen blue C8’s Hot Wheels to Kingston Invasion, put them on the windshield of unsuspecting C8 owners and sat back and watched them do a happy dance

"Being in Canada my car is set in metric .... so its actually a 0 - 100"
That's 62.14 mph, so our 3.0 time to 100 is realistically 3.2% high, it becomes ~2.9 sec, apples to apples.
But where is this Traction button you double click?
right in front of the mode select dial

in a 1LT there would only be the traction control button
in a 2 LT there would be the traction control button AND the front camera button and if you have the front lift like me :).....there would be a third button all in front of the mode select dial !

"Being in Canada my car is set in metric .... so its actually a 0 - 100"
That's 62.14 mph, so our 3.0 time to 100 is realistically 3.2% high, it becomes ~2.9 sec, apples to apples.
But where is this Traction button you double click?
right in front of the mode select dial

in a 1LT there would only be the traction control button
in a 2 LT there would be the traction control button AND the front camera button and if you have the front lift like me :).....there would be a third button all in front of the mode select dial !

You can always change your dash to mph in settings if you want 0 to 60, also you can change it to whatever you want 0 to 300 kmh

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.