Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
I have moved the thread over here to update the members on the 2023's especially as many of you have direct messaged me about this and the other thread I started has gone silly.
As of 6pm this evening the only cars remaining on the recall list waiting for a solution is the 2024 Buick Envision, and the 2020-2023 C8's. Also some of the earlier Cadillac CT4's and CT5's are still on the list but the new ones are now off the list. This means were next. This is following the same pattern as last month with the 2024's. Once Cadillac cars were done, Corvette's fix was a week later. Initially I was hearing mid April, then I was advised it was delayed which is expected as Corvette came last with the 2024's and it will for the prior model years due to low volume. I'm checking every day. Some of you that are waiting on picking up a brand new 2023 have messaged me about your situation. I believe the date that the solution will be available for you guys is Friday April 26th.

Here is a confirmation from Joe after speaking to GM Canada today that as I said last night the solution has been found for Cadillac and today they officially said the solution has been found for the 2023 Corvettes as well!! The solution will be sent to the dealers next week. Finally guys, here you go!!
Hi Scott,
After receiving a call this afternoon from GM Canada, I called the dealer holding my fully paid for 2023 C8. They said that the MY23 Caddy’s were released yesterday from the DRL recall. GM Canada told me that the 2023 C8’s were also released but the dealers wouldn’t see the recall being resolved until that release was sent thru the Global Connect system likely over the coming days. GM said once that was done the system would update to show my VIN as having a solution. Have you heard any such buzz? I guess either way, we will know likely early next week, thanks Joe (Zora49North)

This is exactly what my sources have told me and why I posted what I did last night. Thanks Joe for the confirmation!
Scott

Here is a confirmation from Joe after speaking to GM Canada today that as I said last night the solution has been found for Cadillac and today they officially said the solution has been found for the 2023 Corvettes as well!! The solution will be sent to the dealers next week. Finally guys, here you go!!
Hi Scott,
After receiving a call this afternoon from GM Canada, I called the dealer holding my fully paid for 2023 C8. They said that the MY23 Caddy’s were released yesterday from the DRL recall. GM Canada told me that the 2023 C8’s were also released but the dealers wouldn’t see the recall being resolved until that release was sent thru the Global Connect system likely over the coming days. GM said once that was done the system would update to show my VIN as having a solution. Have you heard any such buzz? I guess either way, we will know likely early next week, thanks Joe (Zora49North)

This is exactly what my sources have told me and why I posted what I did last night. Thanks Joe for the confirmation!
Scott
Thank you, for the great news I have now spent close to $1000 having my car trailered back and forth from the dealership to other shops getting work done so that the day I am able to pick her up i can just drive it.....

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
Any more news on this? My dealership just called me and told me they were just told June? I have called my GM Concierge Ambassador to see if she has heard anything but no response which tells me they probably don't want to call me...

There still has been no update on the Global Connect system sent to the dealers. Who exactly told the dealer June?
They said there manager had there monthly meeting with GM and were told unfortunately the update will not be coming out till end of May to beginning of June. I have been dealing with GM and was told that they have instructed all dealerships to stop promising any dates as they are not accurate, so are they just saying this to the dealerships now to play it safe? They are offering to potentially extend my warranty and Sirius XM I just want my car.

Short comment is no update. I called 3 dealers (service managers) that I have purchased from and nothing yet, not even the aforementioned say nothing its another month. I also left a message for a callback with the GM Canada rep that I have been speaking with so that may happen next week. So more waiting. P.S. many dealership salespeople assume & represent the new Corvette Sirius trial period is 3 months. It is actually 1 year on MY23.

Short comment is no update. I called 3 dealers (service managers) that I have purchased from and nothing yet, not even the aforementioned say nothing its another month. I also left a message for a callback with the GM Canada rep that I have been speaking with so that may happen next week. So more waiting. P.S. many dealership salespeople assume & represent the new Corvette Sirius trial period is 3 months. It is actually 1 year on MY23.
Next week as in this coming week or week of May 6?

Hi Scott,

Scott
Have you heard anything more? GM is now ghosting me.

• Sad
Reactions: Murray20c8
The last update on global connect was April 18th. I am hearing they are having problems now with the solution and it is taking extra time.
They had said it was solved, now they have gone silent due to the delay. There was another hold put on the Lyriq this week. I am checking daily
for you guys to see if there's a change on the system indicating the solution is now available to the dealers.

Reactions: Mikeblair
The last update on global connect was April 18th. I am hearing they are having problems now with the solution and it is taking extra time.
They had said it was solved, now they have gone silent due to the delay. There was another hold put on the Lyriq this week. I am checking daily
for you guys to see if there's a change on the system indicating the solution is now available to the dealers.
God this is ridiculous. Just hurry up already!!

Thank you for the update, they now have it that I cant even check online my car just does not come up anymore LOL

I put in a VIN from one of the company trucks and it comes up, I put in my Vette Vin and nothing works coincidence LOL
Mine isn't working either. Perhaps GM is disavowing our existence! (Que Mission Impossible tune)

Reactions: Brett Driver