Had my fill of ST; especially, around this area with the crazy congested traffic. I like the AT on my ray. Shifts faster than the ST.

I drove that rose black stingray with the A8 for a week waiting for my new M7 Z06 and I have to admit I liked the transmission. It was a seemless soft shift except for that weird bump going into 3rd sometimes on a gentle acceleration and a real quick firm shift on an aggressive acceleration.
There is the odd moment (in traffic) when I wish I had the A8 in the Z but the majority of the time I’m really really glad I have the M7.
:Biggrin:

Reactions: smackYYZ
manual.jpg

I agree that the dual clutch autos will eventually relegate the manual transmissions into the history books. But the 8 speed that is in the Corvette right now is just not up to the standard. From what I've read and heard the newer 10 speed that is in the Camaro is a lot better. So if they could put a better tranny in it I may be tempted to get one then.

I personally want a manual VS an auto. But I'm not commuting into Van anymore for work. When I was hated my manual car and was glad to get my C4 in auto VS another manual.......... Manual bites in highway and then city traffic here.

Vancouver has been weird ever since Greenpeace was founded there in the 1970's. But try driving a Ford Excursion diesel in Southern California! Vancouver is the same. Got kicked out of the Whole Foods parking lot in West Van twice while shopping there in the Excursion.

Vancouver has been weird ever since Greenpeace was founded there in the 1970's. But try driving a Ford Excursion diesel in Southern California! Vancouver is the same. Got kicked out of the Whole Foods parking lot in West Van twice while shopping there in the Excursion.

What does this possibly have to do with the the ZR1 or the transmission. Am I the only one who missed the subtle connection? :eek:

Reactions: MikeysZ06

Please keep automotive threads on topic. It's fine going off topic in the off topic section but not here.

Speaking of off-topic, did I ever tell you about the time that.......:p

So......ZR1. Right. That's what this thread was about. Johnny Lieberman said if it could hit 160 mph on big Willow, it would be right up there with the fastest of the fast. Sweet. We'll have to see when Randy gets his hands on one to drive around the track without any distractions or an extra 230lb in the passenger seat. That should be exciting!

As for auto or manual. I'll most likely never be able to afford one, so it really doesn't matter to me. Generally I prefer a manual in a fun car, but autos in everything else. Maybe some day that will change and, and if it does, great! But I myself like rowing the gears so far.

Reactions: ddgermann
Takes a lot of self control to back off for a cold lap run..I'd have wanted to stay on it.. Did anyone notice the g meter range needs to be extended.... 1.25 g's is just not enough....

Great vids... Thanks for the post... cept now I'm just itching to take the Rav4 out for a burn..... o_O

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread