YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Fully loaded with 2 roof panels CAN$170k with Auto ... so maybe a little more as a convertible and a little less with a Manual ... if in YYC it's @ Carter until it's picked up ... don't delay
9221CE07-1781-4E38-AD94-07F720EE098E.jpegF4FB49F2-3B57-4EB3-A8E4-CF58B90BC21C.jpeg05C7ACC6-C981-4D17-B868-061EFA338471.jpeg0D14CAB8-691A-48BE-BED5-51CED87BF2DB.jpeg034746D6-6B46-44F5-A038-0B339F48E3B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe some ZR1 orders will cancel in Vancouver with the price of gas... ya, I know if you can afford a $200k car you can pay for gas.

B
Good news is if one budgets $200k for this ... there's maybe $20k left over for the fuel ... This is what I was really waiting for was seeing the Canadian Sticker Price and it's $170k (plus fees) :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Nik
First one in YYC... and it’s not staying.

Well Spence you will have the 2nd one. The one that is staying.

Very sweet car and the price is less than expected for the premium packaged one too. This colour is beginning to grow on me. I like it with the black wheels and CF accents.

I wonder if the customer is actually paying more (over MSRP) like others have.

Either way... a pretty happy Corvette pilot I’m sure. :Biggrin:

Almost bought a Brand New 2016 Cadillac ATS-V last year from the Wheaton Showroom in Edmonton and something just did not feel right about it. It finally just sold in 2018. We optioned for a second Corvette from Northgate instead. Now I see this new ZR1 at Wheaton with Kijiji marketing ... it's unreal to me seeing this. I get a queezy feeling it's either a lost leader (fishing lure) or something else ... it just does not feel right to me to see GM's most expensive retail production selling new on Kijiji ... it feels more like getting someone in to their Dealership and talk about buying something else - similar to what @ddgermann mentions ... I just don't know but CMP/Shaw/Okotoks is notorious for this with me on so many vehicle shops of mine since 1995 all the way to a 50th Camaro just last year (a story I would share some beer over and laugh). Why say "... come on down it's right here in front of me" ... and it's not there when you arrive ... but an "off-pinky-blue one with flashing brownish-purple lights is for sale here" ... :Banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Best to just walk away if nothing there in stock.

B
exactly my point but I'd rather not even show up - if only I am told when I call ...
so I don't just walk away when it happens ... I voice my opinion with Management on the spot
and also ask for a return phone call from the General Sales Manager if unavailable ...
I do this because I am a Business Owner and want to be respected no less
than how I respect my own Customers.
It does sometimes help to do this ... but it does take a certain "type" to do it of course ...
OK ... my rant is resolved ... and I still can't see anything good seeing a NEW ZR1 on Kijiji like this
as it has sooooo many flags waving in my opinion ... anybody with time ? ...
please go get a photo of that Kijiji ZR1 for us (I would but I am in YYC)

Reactions: ddgermann
Best to just walk away if nothing there in stock.

B

It is clear this is just a hook to get people in the showroom. One dealer explained it is GM doing this advertising? People with an older Vette or perhaps no sports car at all are the focus of this.
Then the “heck it’s good the ZR1 is pre-sold as this here new stingray or z06 is a much better bargain.... bla bla”
I find it a bit insulting after reading my mail telling them I have a new loaded Z06 that I’m happy with, but if... they try that garbage on me. Clearly not hearing a potential customer and basically turning him away with such a shallow and transparent approach.
I would have expected a reply with some reference to getting me a ZR1 in the future or at least some attempt to confirm I’m happy with the 2017 Z and a reference to something they have a bit newer or optioned higher.
Pathetic frankly. I would be occasionally checking on these sales people and kicking some a** if I owned a dealership. Sure they likely get lots of tire kickers but when someone is offering a basically new Z06 on trade you would think a little light would go off in their head. “Hey this is a potential high end customer.”
Sadly that’s not how it works at the Edmonton dealership mentioned above.
The dealer in Winnipeg did follow up well though and gave 2 much better and more relevant replies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.