Apr 15, 2010
Airdrie, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2008 ZO6
I noticed last fall when I winterized that I had a broken cross piece in my grill so this winter I picked a new oem one up down in AZ.
Now to put it in. Looks like it fastens from the back.

Do I have to take the whole front nose off to get at it? Has anyone done this repair?

Any suggestions appreciated!

I had to remove the front bumper cover on my 2011 ZR1 for a different reason and when I got it off I noticed two or three of the grille fasteners were broken and needed to be replaced. Some will tell you that you can access the push pins and screws on the grille from the bottom by removing the screws around the air intake underneath the front of the facia. On a base car without an oil cooler it's probably possible but on my ZR it would have been difficult to reach the screws on the sides. I would try that first but removing the whole facia if you find it necessary isn't difficult. There are a few YOUTUBE videos that you can find very helpful. If you find you can't reach the side fasteners/screws and you've removed the screws on the bottom you're more than half way to removing the whole thing anyway. Just use a lot of masking tape around the edges to avoid scratches.

Don't try to put it together without help.. It's a 2 man job. The videos make it look like it is less work than it really is. I removed the front cover on mine last year. The vieo give you the general idea but the ones I watched missed some key points. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I took the easy way out and just sold the car! Sold yesterday and am happy with what I got so my Corvette days are over. After 16 years of a C5 and a C6 it is time to retire from the need for speed. I will have to rely on my Harley for that now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.