Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
This sounds rather strange to me. None of these hipo cars, Camaros, Corvettes etc. are really suitable for winter sleet and snow. I drove our old COPO Chevelle in the winter with narrow tires and ground clearance and you had to be experienced or you would be in trouble. I think that most people know what to expect when buying one of these cars and if you don't, buying one might not be such a good idea. If they are halting hipo Camaro production then why are they not halting Corvette production too. A sale is a sale no matter when it is made. Sell them with snow tires if need be but make the sale. Not many car companies are in such good financial shape that they can turn away sales this way and I don't know of any other companies doing this. It just doesn't add up to me at all. Perhaps there is a case for AWD in these car after all, at least as an option.

GM Suspends Camaro ZL1, 1LE Orders During Winter - LSXTV

They say the summer tires are the reason but I suspect demand has a lot to do with it too.
Production of the C7 won't be affected due to lower numbers produced and off-the-chart damand for the new model.
I haven't checked the Camaro's price but if it's anywhere near the 'vette then that'll will have an effect too.

C.

I think demand has dropped off for the time being. Maybe people are also waiting for the Z28? Maybe they are waiting to hear about the next gen Camaro. Maybe sales are just slow because it's winter? If anything, all the dealer has to do is tell them that the tires are not suitable for winter use and they should be good to go! I think there is more to this than just tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.