T
Feb 5, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Corvette Z51
Province
ON
Contacted the dealer I bought my 2022 C8 Z51 from today to book the car in for a service visit to do the DCT fluid top up for track use and get the car lowered/suspension aligned as detailed in the official Chevrolet "2021 Corvette Z51 Track Preparation" guide. It was immediately clear this was not something the dealer normally did, despite being one of the higher volume Corvette dealers. Response I got back was "our shop is not equipped with the equipment for the lowering and alignment right now".

Has anybody had this work done by a Corvette dealer in the Toronto area? It seems straightforward to me , so I find it hard to believe that a dealer cannot do the Chevrolet specified track realignment. How do they do crash repairs on any vehicle if they cannot do a new alignment?

No front end lift on my car so no parts needed for the lowering, it is simply adjustment.

Looking for somewhere that has done this before on C8's so that I have confidence they know what they are doing. I want to use a Chevrolet dealer so that there are no issues with warranty coverage.

Contacted the dealer I bought my 2022 C8 Z51 from today to book the car in for a service visit to do the DCT fluid top up for track use and get the car lowered/suspension aligned as detailed in the official Chevrolet "2021 Corvette Z51 Track Preparation" guide. It was immediately clear this was not something the dealer normally did, despite being one of the higher volume Corvette dealers. Response I got back was "our shop is not equipped with the equipment for the lowering and alignment right now".

Has anybody had this work done by a Corvette dealer in the Toronto area? It seems straightforward to me , so I find it hard to believe that a dealer cannot do the Chevrolet specified track realignment. How do they do crash repairs on any vehicle if they cannot do a new alignment?

No front end lift on my car so no parts needed for the lowering, it is simply adjustment.

Looking for somewhere that has done this before on C8's so that I have confidence they know what they are doing. I want to use a Chevrolet dealer so that there are no issues with warranty coverage.
Just a guess but if you have the alignment specs you want, any alignment shop should be able to do it.... The lowering I'm not familiar with but from the chat here on the forum, it doesn't sound too complicated.

My dealer cannot lower my 2022 C8 Z51 HTC either. I thought this was a simple task. No where here in GVA to get specialty work done on my car.

My dealer cannot lower my 2022 C8 Z51 HTC either. I thought this was a simple task. No where here in GVA to get specialty work done on my car.

Champion Motors in Scarborough can do it for you.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Any GM dealerships who can lower the c8?
Most GM dealerships will likely tell you to let some air out of the tires if you want it lowered... I would find a private shop that specializes in Corvettes and has a good reputation. They won't steer you wrong.. Try Race Ready Garage in Cambridge. Lots of members here swear by them and their service and they have a great reputation. Champion is another who has a good rep with members here.

Humberview does it.

Reactions: Shiraz
Bumping this, any other suggestions? Located close to Mosport. Ive added the the 2 extra qts of DCT fluid in already , but want the alignment done with a print out. The caster is apparently the important one that not all shops are trained to do as its fixed on most cars.

Bumping this, any other suggestions? Located close to Mosport. Ive added the the 2 extra qts of DCT fluid in already , but want the alignment done with a print out. The caster is apparently the important one that not all shops are trained to do as its fixed on most cars.

Depending which track you do at Mosport you should also upgrade your brake fluid to a Dot4 600 or higher, the DDT track is much harder on brakes then the big track

Reactions: Psyclist
Most GM dealerships will likely tell you to let some air out of the tires if you want it lowered... I would find a private shop that specializes in Corvettes and has a good reputation. They won't steer you wrong.. Try Race Ready Garage in Cambridge. Lots of members here swear by them and their service and they have a great reputation. Champion is another who has a good rep with members here.
I did a bit of reading, in particular Paragon Performance. Since my car has MRC and front-lift all that I needed was special collars from Paragon, the rear would be a simple adjustment according to their YTV -3/4 inch lowering F & R.I was just interested in lowering about an inch as there seems to be to much space for my liking between the wheels and top of the wheel wells. So, I went to my dealer and spoke to the service manager and he told me: would not recommend as such adjustment might affect the warranty? Besides they are not set-up to do it. WTF, it did not sound like rocket science to me? In any case, I got no where. I remember getting my new Shelby GT500 lowered 2 inches by the dealer with no issues or warranty concerns. Anyone here in GV area knows where to get this done, please let me know. Who can we ask about warranty concerns and get a true answer as well? What a run around.

Following as well, don't have a C8 yet but planning to do the collars (front lift) and rear adjustment to bring the car down just a bit. After spending time at Ciocca (Atlantic City) and seeing all the cars in person, I cracked out my measurement tool (2 fingers) which I have always used as a reference point when lowering my cars and trucks over the decades. It's the sweet spot where the body / wheel well is not sitting right on top of the tire, but enough space for travel while giving it a lowered look. You place 2 fingers flat on top of the tire (at level), and figure out how much of a drop you need.

With everyone talking about 4x4 truck type gaps I was expecting it to be way worst, and what I can confirm is that if you do the 3/4" collars (with front lift) or simply 3/4" on the coilovers (assuming you have MRC or Z51) then you will get that 2 finger gap and it should look right.

Also spoke to a couple of guys on here who tried to lower their cars more aggressively with springs too, and they told me not to do it, the ride was unpleasant and your teeth slam together every time you roll over a dime on the road. So unless you are just looking to track the thing on weekends with not too much boulevard cruising, then maybe you can pull off something more aggressive with springs too. I would say 3/4" at the most on the stock coilovers or via collars and be done with it.

Since I will be picking up my new C8 in Ontario (I am in Quebec), I too am looking for a shop to do that work, and Humberview was the place that kept coming up on here as the place who knows how to do the collars and lowering. Was not aware they are a dealer, unless there are 2 places with the same name.

I did a bit of reading, in particular Paragon Performance. Since my car has MRC and front-lift all that I needed was special collars from Paragon, the rear would be a simple adjustment according to their YTV -3/4 inch lowering F & R.I was just interested in lowering about an inch as there seems to be to much space for my liking between the wheels and top of the wheel wells. So, I went to my dealer and spoke to the service manager and he told me: would not recommend as such adjustment might affect the warranty? Besides they are not set-up to do it. WTF, it did not sound like rocket science to me? In any case, I got no where. I remember getting my new Shelby GT500 lowered 2 inches by the dealer with no issues or warranty concerns. Anyone here in GV area knows where to get this done, please let me know. Who can we ask about warranty concerns and get a true answer as well? What a run around.

Following as well, don't have a C8 yet but planning to do the collars (front lift) and rear adjustment to bring the car down just a bit. After spending time at Ciocca (Atlantic City) and seeing all the cars in person, I cracked out my measurement tool (2 fingers) which I have always used as a reference point when lowering my cars and trucks over the decades. It's the sweet spot where the body / wheel well is not sitting right on top of the tire, but enough space for travel while giving it a lowered look. You place 2 fingers flat on top of the tire (at level), and figure out how much of a drop you need.

With everyone talking about 4x4 truck type gaps I was expecting it to be way worst, and what I can confirm is that if you do the 3/4" collars (with front lift) or simply 3/4" on the coilovers (assuming you have MRC or Z51) then you will get that 2 finger gap and it should look right.

Also spoke to a couple of guys on here who tried to lower their cars more aggressively with springs too, and they told me not to do it, the ride was unpleasant and your teeth slam together every time you roll over a dime on the road. So unless you are just looking to track the thing on weekends with not too much boulevard cruising, then maybe you can pull off something more aggressive with springs too. I would say 3/4" at the most on the stock coilovers or via collars and be done with it.

Since I will be picking up my new C8 in Ontario (I am in Quebec), I too am looking for a shop to do that work, and Humberview was the place that kept coming up on here as the place who knows how to do the collars and lowering. Was not aware they are a dealer, unless there are 2 places with the same name.
Makes sense - 3/4 inch. But, getting it done? Warranty? What does GM say? I know that in the USA this is done a lot on these cars. Thank you for your response. Good luck with your car - pics when it arrives.

Makes sense - 3/4 inch. But, getting it done? Warranty? What does GM say? I know that in the USA this is done a lot on these cars. Thank you for your response. Good luck with your car - pics when it arrives.

I did this mod myself, taking apart the mag ride connector is a PITA but well worth the new stance, I guess the dealer could back out of warranty on the shocks

I did this mod myself, taking apart the mag ride connector is a PITA but well worth the new stance, I guess the dealer could back out of warranty on the shocks
Not my cup of tea. Do not have the equipment. Glad you were able to get it done. Can't believe there is no where in Vancouver.

Not my cup of tea. Do not have the equipment. Glad you were able to get it done. Can't believe there is no where in Vancouver.

Dealers are lazy, they could easily do this but don’t want to step out of their comfort zone of doing anything not stock, I think Sparro brought his to a performance shop and did the collars and changed out the springs for Z51 at a cost about $500

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.