Dec 20, 2009
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Z51
I wanted to put on a 90 degree zerk fitting on my Z51 to make it easier when greasing the rear suspension with the tires on but then found this little gadget.

A 90 degree grease coupler for my air grease gun...Works awesome...Makes things sooo much easier now...

The grease comes out at the back end of the slotted area(the base on the adapter is a hardened type material (solid)--There is a little counter sunk hole at the back end...You slide the zerk nipple into the slotted area from the front end of the adapter...It locks underneath and slips right into the hole..Its awesome...locks right into place

ilin5883.jpg

Last edited:
Cool find!!!!! As far as I know, the C5 Z51 does not have any grease fittings. Could I be wrong about this?

Does anyone know of an attachment to get to grease fittings where the regular end will not fit? Sorry it's a little OT but I can't get to the fitting on the rear u-joint of my truck. The fitting won't fit between the couplings.

Our 2005 is a little weird in that it has the two fittings on the rear strut arms. No Z51. I bought one of those right angle grease gun couplers to get at some of the zerks on our '05 Jimmy. It sure is handy in tight situations.

Cool find!!!!! As far as I know, the C5 Z51 does not have any grease fittings. Could I be wrong about this?

Does anyone know of an attachment to get to grease fittings where the regular end will not fit? Sorry it's a little OT but I can't get to the fitting on the rear u-joint of my truck. The fitting won't fit between the couplings.

The C5`s are sealed. No greasing required :D

Good find Peter. I love these little gadgets that make like easier...:D

"Air Grease Gun" ??? is that an air powered gun instead of 'armstrong' powered?

I've had so little to do with a grease gun for a long time now I've lost touch.:D

I have no fittings on the C6 (to my knowledge) but being a maintenance oriented guy and have the time to fart around with it, I wish mine were equipped with them. I would gladly do the maintenance on a regular basis but find very few or any fittings on any of my cars for years.:(

I don't believe in anything being "permanently greased" and think that the OEM parts could have much longer service is g/fittings were used.

Great for manufacturers and service people, but not for consumers IMHO.

Tell me about that g/gun (and 90* fitting)-- Eventually I will keep a car long enough to have to replace a greaseable part which I believe will come with g/fittings. :D
Cheers,
Colin

QUOTE=CCO;41378]Good find Peter. I love these little gadgets that make like easier...:D

"Air Grease Gun" ??? is that an air powered gun instead of 'armstrong' powered?

I've had so little to do with a grease gun for a long time now I've lost touch.:D

I have no fittings on the C6 (to my knowledge) but being a maintenance oriented guy and have the time to fart around with it, I wish mine were equipped with them. I would gladly do the maintenance on a regular basis but find very few or any fittings on any of my cars for years.:(

I don't believe in anything being "permanently greased" and think that the OEM parts could have much longer service is g/fittings were used.

Great for manufacturers and service people, but not for consumers IMHO.

Tell me about that g/gun (and 90* fitting)-- Eventually I will keep a car long enough to have to replace a greaseable part which I believe will come with g/fittings. :D
Cheers,
Colin[/QUOTE]

Yeah its air powered by my air compressor. This coupler is great it saves so much time :). I grease mine every Spring..Just pump one shot of grease in each...Dont over inflate it or the boot will leak out grease. 1-2 shots is perfect

Hey Colin yes the GS has the Zerk grease fittings in back as far as I know..All Z06`s,ZR1`s and GS`s have them..Take a quick look go under the car from the rear and look in the wheel well. Should look like this

Z51%20Zerks.jpg

Attachments

• Z51%20Zerks.jpg
    Z51%20Zerks.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
As Riley would say: WooooHoooo -- :D I'm glad to hear that there may be fittings I can lube.......I'll have to investigate ....... and how did you find that out Peter? -- I'd like to read the same source.....

Not sure I want an air compressor so a simple (new) g/gun might be in order with that 90* fitting. -- where did you get that fitting?
Maybe some new tools -- love getting new tools to play with...:D

Cheers, and thanks for the possible location of some grease fittings. I thought they had all but gone the way of the dinosaur (at least on OEM parts).

C.

As Riley would say: WooooHoooo -- :D I'm glad to hear that there may be fittings I can lube.......I'll have to investigate ....... and how did you find that out Peter? -- I'd like to read the same source.....

Not sure I want an air compressor so a simple (new) g/gun might be in order with that 90* fitting. -- where did you get that fitting?
Maybe some new tools -- love getting new tools to play with...:D

Cheers, and thanks for the possible location of some grease fittings. I thought they had all but gone the way of the dinosaur (at least on OEM parts).

C.

You can just get a manual grease gun from CT but its a little more work since one hand has to pump the grease while the other is holding the coupler to the zerk..Where as the air grease gun you just quickly pull the trigger :D. Either way they both work. The 90 degree coupler I got was from Acklands-Grainger on there website for 10 bucks and change then I just went to the store to pick it up. There store is 5 minutes from my house. I looked everywhere no one sells this particlar coupler so by chance I finally found it on Acklands website

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AG...alProductDetailDisplay.do?item_code=WSW13X050

Your in luck Colin there is one in Cambridge :D

Acklands-Grainger Inc.
100 Raglin Road
Cambridge, Ontario
N1T 1X9

You can just get a manual grease gun from CT but its a little more work since one hand has to pump the grease while the other is holding the coupler to the zerk..Where as the air grease gun you just quickly pull the trigger :D. Either way they both work. The 90 degree coupler I got was from Acklands-Grainger on there website for 10 bucks and change then I just went to the store to pick it up. There store is 5 minutes from my house. I looked everywhere no one sells this particlar coupler so by chance I finally found it on Acklands website

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AG...alProductDetailDisplay.do?item_code=WSW13X050

Your in luck Colin there is one in Cambridge :D

Acklands-Grainger Inc.
100 Raglin Road
Cambridge, Ontario
N1T 1X9

Ah cool -- Raglin is right across from one of the Fire Stations I worked at. Only about 10-15 minutes from my home. Thanks Peter.

I need a g/gun anyway -- The new jack I bought has fittings that will need attention eventually, and now maybe some on the 'vette.

Colin.

Hi all, are there any grease points at all on a base C6? I just bought one and assumed as did Colin that all pivot points these days are "sealed for life". Only had it a few days and haven"t had chance to take a peek underneath yet. Not sure if my jack will get under it. Anybody use any low ramps or other such device they can recommend for oil changes or inspections etc?

Antony

Hi all, are there any grease points at all on a base C6? I just bought one and assumed as did Colin that all pivot points these days are "sealed for life". Only had it a few days and haven"t had chance to take a peek underneath yet. Not sure if my jack will get under it. Anybody use any low ramps or other such device they can recommend for oil changes or inspections etc?

Antony

No the base C6 doesnt have to grease points. I dont have to jack mine up to grease, I just crawl underneath, plenty of room under there :D. Only with Z51 option , Zo6, Zr1 and the GS have the grease points in the rear...I use a low profile jack

Anthony, I use a couple of 2x4's in front of my Rhino ramps to make sure the front splitter clears.....

I have a good quality low profile jack bought at Princess Auto -- regular $300 on for $200 (name escapes me) -- and believe that sale was on last spring so you might want to watch P/A for a sale soon if that is in your budget.

It's an excellent jack that's hefty but light and fast ratio pump.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread