Oct 20, 2013
Fort McMurray, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2014 Z51
Finally got my Z06 steering wheel installed. I had tried myself 2 weeks ago and couldn't get the bolt off even with help from a friend. Tried an impact gun, socket set, and a breaker bar with no luck.

Took it to the dealership, they couldn't get it either. Ended up stripping it and ordering a new bolt. Had to drill out the old bolt. I didn't enjoy getting a phone call at work asking how attached I was to the stock steering wheel or if they could damage/break it. I was relieved to hear and see though they did manage to get it out with out damaging anything.

Here it is:

eIX663yl.jpg

Just a simple pic I took when I was picking it up. You know what they look like so I'm not worrying about getting proper lighting haha.

Also, question. Should I look into selling my stock wheel, or should I keep it to include it in resale for future buyer? If I trade to a dealer they might want it stock.

That sounds like the worst, well not quite, scenario. I have the wheel but the car's not here yet. It kinda make me a bit nervous thinking about it.

Finally got my Z06 steering wheel installed. I had tried myself 2 weeks ago and couldn't get the bolt off even with help from a friend. Tried an impact gun, socket set, and a breaker bar with no luck.

Took it to the dealership, they couldn't get it either. Ended up stripping it and ordering a new bolt. Had to drill out the old bolt. I didn't enjoy getting a phone call at work asking how attached I was to the stock steering wheel or if they could damage/break it. I was relieved to hear and see though they did manage to get it out with out damaging anything.

Here it is:

eIX663yl.jpg

Just a simple pic I took when I was picking it up. You know what they look like so I'm not worrying about getting proper lighting haha.

Also, question. Should I look into selling my stock wheel, or should I keep it to include it in resale for future buyer? If I trade to a dealer they might want it stock.

My bolt was stuck as well. I took it to the dealer to do the swap. I wasn't going to take a chance and break something.

Should I sell the stock wheel?
$325 for Z wheel...stock wheel sold for $175
Wife held wheel :D as I loosened the bolt with a 3/8" rachet
GM...how about a carbon flash/crossed flag, horn pad emblem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.