Black Vettes Matter
Regular
Dec 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z51 Owner
Province
MB
"Z06 valves" "Z06 Heads" "LS7 valve drop" ect. Google those and you will see that some of these cars have randomly grenaded without warning. Some stock, some modded, low km or high km, I even read about one popping just ad idle. Not going to get into why it happens there is YouTube for that. I'm searching far and wide for a Z06. Some sellers put directly in their add that the heads have been fixed, others don't simply because they are unaware of this potential issue.

And its not a cheap fix, I got a quote from Davenport for $6500 parts and labor. You can buy new heads yourself to minimize downtime, send your factory heads to the states to have re done (your looking at a lot of down time) or others have a core return program which seems the best option but you have to drop a lot of cash at the beginning. I find it disgusting to spend that kinda cash and not add any performance. Some guys add a cam at the same time and/or have then heads ported, which will require custom dyno tuning then your up to 10k in the hole however. Id like to get the groups opinion on what they have done to their LS7 vettes.

Last edited:
"Z06 valves" "Z06 Heads" "LS7 valve drop" ect. Google those and you will see that some of these cars have randomly grenaded without warning. Some stock, some modded, low km or high km, I even read about one popping just ad idle. Not going to get into why it happens there is YouTube for that. I'm searching far and wide for a Z06. Some sellers put directly in their add that the heads have been fixed, others don't simply because they are unaware of this potential issue.

And its not a cheap fix, I got a quote from Davenport for $6500 parts and labor. You can buy new heads yourself to minimize downtime, send your factory heads to the states to have re done (your looking at a lot of down time) or others have a core return program which seems the best option but you have to drop a lot of cash at the beginning. I find it disgusting to spend that kinda cash and not add any performance. Some guys add a cam at the same time and/or have then heads ported, which will require custom dyno tuning then your up to 10k in the hole however. Id like to get the groups opinion on what they have done to their LS7 vettes.
There's conservatively been 50 posts or more on this subject over the years here. Click the little magnifying glass up in the corner, type in Z06 LS7 heads and browse around for a few hours...lol...