1497EED0-2E7A-46E9-9545-CAC06CD367CE.jpeg

Last edited:
195MPH = 314KPH = Way faster than I want to go. Then again I am an old chickens!@#, I like to be able to drive to my destination, not arrive in a hearse. However, on a track it would be a neat experience! Now..... would you leave the nannies operating or shut them off?

195MPH = 314KPH = Way faster than I want to go. Then again I am an old chickens!@#, I like to be able to drive to my destination, not arrive in a hearse. However, on a track it would be a neat experience! Now..... would you leave the nannies operating or shut them off?

I know someone close to me, (I am beside myself) who did 135 mph when the 407 opened. The car I (I mean he) could barely see in the distance arrived way to fast. Luckily I (I mean he) was wearing my (I mean his) brown pants. That was fast enough for sure.

i would like to hit the top speed once, just to have that experience. I wonder what distance is required to hit the top speed? Maybe a runway race type event?
Quite a while. Once you reach a point where the air becomes a brick wall it takes more and more time. I can't speak for 650HP, only 320, but it gets harder and harder to achieve more speed.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Smith Falls use to have an event in August pre covid
Yes, a friend does that every year. It's always on the weekend after the long one in August and always on the Car-B-Q day
"Race The Runway". You can find it on Facebook

Reactions: turbozig
i would like to hit the top speed once, just to have that experience. I wonder what distance is required to hit the top speed? Maybe a runway race type event?
62 seconds 0 to 300 kph. Don't ask.

Reactions: DenisC8
My previous 2013 GT500 has reached 245km/h up the back straight @ Mosport when I did lapping days with it back in 2014. In 2015 I did a bucket list item when I trailered it down to Daytona to do a weekend event on the Rolex course. After the bus stop and back on the oval around turn 3, 4 and around the tri oval the car hit 265-270 km/h before braking down to about 100km/h to go around turn 1.

If I was able to run the car on just the oval part I'm sure the car could've hit 200 mph. The 2013-14 GT500's were capable of hitting that magic #, the only Mustang so far to hit that mark right from the factory according to Ford.

Attachments

• L81_7996.JPG
    L81_7996.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 7
  • M4S_1960.JPG
    M4S_1960.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 7
  • M4S_7217.JPG
    M4S_7217.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 6
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread