wilyvet

Casual User
Dec 16, 2014
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Z06
I'm replacing the OE tires on my 2015 Z06 at 11,000 km. They are noisy. The car is not driven on track and I like to listen to music while driving. What is the quietest tire available for this car?

I'm replacing the OE tires on my 2015 Z06 at 11,000 km. They are noisy. The car is not driven on track and I like to listen to music while driving. What is the quietest tire available for this car?

Contact the guys at Tire Rack in the US. They have a lot of experience with tires for these cars. Michelin's, Conti's, Goodyear are popular. Non-run flats tend to be quieter then run flats.

Reactions: Jeffer2013
Those will be the Cup 2's on your Z06 if I'm not mistaken. I have the Pilot Super Sport RF on mine and they are a world of quiet compared to the Eagle F1's that were on my C6. Tyho is correct though. The non RF's will be quieter. There has to be a sacrifice for a sidewall that holds you up when there's no air in the tire....

Reactions: Tinman
At the local corvette club, 2 members replaced their tires with Continental non run flat. First guy is just cruising with his car and love them, he says they are way more quiet and give him a smoother ride. The second one drive his car much harder and dosen't like them because the sidewall are to soft and dosent give him the handling and cornering he like. so it all depend what you do with the car. I have the pilot sport2 on mine (oem in 2012) and next year I will probably go with the pilot supersport

At the local corvette club, 2 members replaced their tires with Continental non run flat. First guy is just cruising with his car and love them, he says they are way more quiet and give him a smoother ride. The second one drive his car much harder and dosen't like them because the sidewall are to soft and dosent give him the handling and cornering he like. so it all depend what you do with the car. I have the pilot sport2 on mine (oem in 2012) and next year I will probably go with the pilot supersport

I this spring went to the Super Sport RF and like them... quieter then the goodyears on my C6 Z06.

I have the PSS on mine and, in fact, just replaced them from the originals. I don't find them so loud that it irratets me whatsoever...but then again... the music is always set at a healthy volume.

Back in late Feb i got myself a 2016 Z06 and within a week i switched over to the PSS. They are a better all around tire, the PSC2's are a pretty serious tire more worthy of being used on tracks rather than just for cruising around.

Others have said the Conti's are the quietest for this car.

They are and the annoying chatter is gone when backing up in a tight curve

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.