Oct 4, 2015
Saltair. BC
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z06 Convertible
Province
BC
Hi folks. I drove my z06 from Calgary to Toronto and hit a nasty pothole on the QEW... cracked the right rear rim. <sigh>
Went to a tire shop where they welded the crack and this repair got me back to Calgary.
Reading the Corvette forums, the made in Mexico z06 rims are notoriously bad for bending and cracking.
I really love the look of the factory chrome wheels, but would like to get an after market set of wheels that are constructed better.
Any suggestions from the forum? The dealer cost is $1,000 a corner for the factory wheels.
Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Bruce a pot hole in Ontario? Must be mistaken.:Biggrin:

Surprised someone welded it for you with all the litigation this days. Glad you made it home safe and sound.:thumbs:

There are so many choices for rims out there, really depends on your styling preference. I have CCW wheels which are part of Weld Wheels group and I have been very happy with them.

Thanks old timer... from one to another! :)
The tire shop did a really nice repair job, but I suspect the 2 right side rims are compromised now, beyond even the Mexican factory.
Ontario potholes don't come close to what California, Illinois and Michigan have to offer.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
There is a vendor on eBay and another forum "House of Wheels" that sells OEM GM wheels for C7 including all the options that were available from the factory for around $1,400 US. I think he includes free shipping in the USA if you're a "forum" member which could get them to Sweetgrass "At the border storage" for pickup. I have been looking at chrome GS wheels for my car and this vendor has a great reputation.
House Of Wheels Online - Corvette O/E Wheels
PM me if you'd like more info.

Last edited:
Hi folks. I drove my z06 from Calgary to Toronto and hit a nasty pothole on the QEW... cracked the right rear rim. <sigh>
Went to a tire shop where they welded the crack and this repair got me back to Calgary.
Reading the Corvette forums, the made in Mexico z06 rims are notoriously bad for bending and cracking.
I really love the look of the factory chrome wheels, but would like to get an after market set of wheels that are constructed better.
Any suggestions from the forum? The dealer cost is $1,000 a corner for the factory wheels.
Thanks!
florida spd shop is where I got mine last winter, sent to border storage in coutts, best wheels ever, basicly a little more than that price and ya get all 4 corners, love mine, and I hit a pothole on I15 in vegas in july, really hard really bad, not a bend or crack or nothing, so yes I recommend them, they are a forum vender on the US site

There is a vendor on eBay and another forum "House of Wheels" that sells OEM GM wheels for C7 including all the options that were available from the factory for around $1,400 US. I think he includes free shipping in the USA if you're a "forum" member which could get them to Sweetgrass "At the border storage" for pickup. I have been looking at chrome GS wheels for my car and this vendor has a great reputation.
House Of Wheels Online - Corvette O/E Wheels
PM me if you'd like more info.
there is a company,who brings the stuff up to Calgary or Edmonton and pay the duties for you as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.