AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Got my Z06 order in today, received the WorkBench and wanted to include it here as I hadn't a clue what the WorkBench report was before I had it.

My first dealer told me that it wasn't really that important because, regardless of whether the Workbench has been submitted, it will be created when your allocation comes up on the list.

In short, the WorkBench report can really mean nothing whatsoever as the dealership can fail to move it forward for more than a year, as has happened in a few cases I have seen in the past few weeks...but nevertheless, it is still the first step to letting GM know you want one of their cars.

Without going into codes, 1000 means GM hasn't a clue, 1100 means the order is in and has been accepted by the system...and there is record of your order.

From a personal point of view, this is something tangible that makes one feel a bit better about placing a down payment of 5K because it has your name, the vehicle configuration your want and it has been issued a GM Work order number.

I have decided to include it here as I hadn't a clue what one was or what one looked like when all started asking me about it on the other forum sites. I also know there are dealers here who feel similar, in that, it is something the customer should have right away when ordering a vehicle, whether the allocation is there or not.

NOW.... having enlisted my thoughts here... I still havent a clue whether I will truly be driving a car home from Quebec next year or not; having this sure seems to help me in believing the dealer believes he is getting one though...

oh and all personal info removed...

Attachments

• Z06 WorkBench-1.jpg
    Z06 WorkBench-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Z06 WorkBench-2.jpg
    Z06 WorkBench-2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Z06 WorkBench-3.jpg
    Z06 WorkBench-3.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hi AllFlash!

Congrats on getting the order in.

Here is a little clarification on the status codes. your order hasnt been "accepted" by GM till it moves to Status 2000.

1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet*****anything before this code means Chevrolet does not know you******

Technically I am still able to submit orders to GM for a 2014 C7 which will basically just sit there till they clear the system in a couple of "years".

Best of luck with your order!

Ok so from any of the dealers on here... How does the next step work? We know that we will not get anything before next Spring but, at one point do they attach the allocation to the order and how is this done? Is it a code that goes on the order that GM then recognizes and it pushes you to 2000 status?

I ask because I wonder where we stand in comparison to the rush of US orders that will soon be authorized and how we would fit in to that?

Can we expect an allocation soon or will nothing change whatsoever until Spring? I ask because I wonder if we would typically be at the back end of US buyer production...or will the Canadian builds be done at the same time as there are so few...and there are similarities in our builds that is 'Canada only'.

It's all a little grey when you are looking for delivery in the spring. Your dealer won't want to match it to an allocation right now because GM will want to build it, whenever that may be. So the dealer has to try to time the allocation he matches to your order to the timing of your requested delivery, that might be a bit of a guessing game for him based on build times of other Z06's and how much lead time he foresees your order requiring. If you were to tell him I will take it any time than it becomes simpler, next allocation he could match your order and let it go to be produced.

Perhaps others can add to this discussion but I think they might hold off actually looking to match your order to an allocation, it seems a bit early for a spring delivery but maybe not since it is a Z06. Being that it is a Z06 there isn't really much history to go on so far as being accepted by GM to build time and delivery. Very inexact science until they start producing them in numbers, making it worse your talking a Cdn car which adds a whole other twist. Not sure a dealer could tell you much as they have really nothing to go on and they make promises that are often not kept so you might expect them to be optimistic with their time frames.

Great thought since I will be picking mine up in Quebec...some 11 hours away from where I live. I am also going to attempt courtesy delivery or something similar but, yes, it would be nice to receive the car in decent weather.

Having said that... I would forego anything above just to get myself seated in that Z06 rather than always wondering.

Great thought since I will be picking mine up in Quebec...some 11 hours away from where I live. I am also going to attempt courtesy delivery or something similar but, yes, it would be nice to receive the car in decent weather.

Having said that... I would forego anything above just to get myself seated in that Z06 rather than always wondering.

Most of us now with a C7 have been there and done that. It's bad enough for the U.S customers but way worse for Cdn buyers. Hopefully your dealer is honest and forthright and works thru the order/allocation process with you together keeping you informed. They don't control the process though either which it makes it very difficult for anyone to predict timing. Know in the end that Z06 will be well worth the wait, a very special car the C7 and a Z06 will be even more special.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.