Dec 4, 2012
oshawa
VetteCoins
Car
2006 z06
Hey Everyone,

Owned my vette since may and have been occupied driving it, but since its sitting in my garage i decided to join the party and learn more about the car. 2006 z06 stock. This is my first big engine domestic vehicle and i LOVE it. Was looking at getting into a 09 GTR but couldnt pass up the deal i got on this one and havent regretted it since.

Looking at getting some bolt on work done and a cam for the spring. If you guys have any suggestions, any tips would be huge.

Cheers

Chris

Oshawa-20120618-00061.jpg

Good morning Chris,

I also got a stock 2006 Z06 in April of this year. I think it must go down as the bargin buy of the century.

Your options are only limited by your budget.

Many opt to add CAI or ram air systems like the Vararam Snake Charmer. Maybe $5 to 600?

Lots get headers/cam. Headers can be $2500 plus.

Some superchargers. Maybe $8000.

Then methanol injection, $850?

There is a fairly gifted person who posts under the username Nasty98 who has a wonderful shop in Breslau, my car is there currently for work and he may be a good starting point.

If I was closer I would have been there already when I started my Z06 journey as it seems to produce quality work and attracts a great group of owners who socialize/get together for drives/coffee etc.

Enjoy the car and good move in not getting a GTR. Who ever wants to go that slow anyway........!

Cheers,

Garry

Welcome Chris and congrats on the Z06 ...she's a beauty.

Contact Manny at Dasilva Motorsports about potential mods. His handle is Nasty98 here at CCF -- he'll have endless suggestions for you.

C.

Hi Chris , congrats on getting your Z06 .

They are a great platform to build from .

You can contact me toll free @ 866-992-3752 to discuss any mod you wish or you can email - [email protected]

Please have a look at our website Dasilva Motorsports

Thanks
Manny Dasilva
Dasilva Motorsports
866-992-3752

Good morning Chris,

There is a fairly gifted person who posts under the username Nasty98 who has a wonderful shop in Breslau, my car is there currently for work and he may be a good starting point.

Cheers,

Garry

Only fairly gifted?:rofl:

Chris, Manny is fantastic and if you've been looking around on this forum for a while, I bet you have already seen that. You have a VERY nice car, one that I hope to move into some day. The GTR is a wicked ride but I'm glad you got into Corvettes! Tell us about some of your previous cars. What are you more familiar with? Welcome to the forum!!!!!! Glad to have you here!

Welcome to the forum. You'll love your C6 Z06. I have a C5 Z06 and the C6 Z06 would be my next step when the time comes. Manny is a guru. I can speak from personal experience as he has worked on my Z06. Great guy and a class act. You won't go wrong when dealing with him.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.