Car
2006 Z06
Good morning,

A thought I was having.

3rd cancer treatment works.

Got to celebrate!

Funds depleted.

But some sheckles left over.

I never had Manny cam the Z06 when it was down there. Now I'm still thinking about it. But I'm not sure I want the car to travel there as there is no more Manny and I'm not sure Dave is up and running and the shipping in this case might make it prohibitive for a small job.

Thus, my local options are Calgary and Edmonton. I'm aware of Davenport in Calgary and HP Solutions in Edmonton. What suggests would you give me in terms of a place to take the car to get a new cam and re-tune???????

Will I have problems finding someone to work on a car that has been modded by another company????

Might be the best I can do while I recover financially to give me a little pick me up if I get a cure before a C8!

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Hey Garry.... Have no experience with either shop but have a couple friends have dealt successfully with Davenport, and Rick9456 from Sylvan Lake has his C7 in there at this moment for a SC and related perks install. I will be watching you close for both the treatment success stories and the horsepower stories... Do you have a HP wish list? Only 55.53 ponies more to join the 800 whp ranks my friend.

I'd rather not make it complicated or expensive. For example, I'd rather just cam and tune it rather than say having to consider new heads/intake.

I would be thrilled to make the 800 rwhp club too!

I would prefer Edmonton as it is 3 hours closer but may have to consider Calgary. I saw a Davenport prepped C5 at "Race The Base" about 6 years ago and certainly was impressed................it sounded amazing although it had to run on something crazy like 108 octane fuel! Gee the colour seems to match, this isn't your car, is it??!! Wouldn't that be funny!!!!

P1220411.JPG

I saw a Davenport prepped C5 at "Race The Base" about 6 years ago and certainly was impressed................it sounded amazing although it had to run on something crazy like 108 octane fuel! Gee the colour seems to match, this isn't your car, is it??!!

Haha... Nope. Right colour, but not mine.

Calgary is a little further to travel, but you can be assured that the work will be done correctly. :thumbs:

Reactions: Rick9456
I thought the odds might be high it was yours but you never know!

I wonder how Davenport would feel about tackling cam'ing and tuning a DaSilva prepped car????

Some folks can be a little funny I've heard, always trash talking the previous guys work which in most cases I find unprofessional.

I wonder how Davenport would feel about tackling cam'ing and tuning a DaSilva prepped car????

Some folks can be a little funny I've heard, always trash talking the previous guys work which in most cases I find unprofessional.

Trust me........ I know from experience, sometimes it's well justified. :Banghead:

I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue working on it, just be prepared there may be more required than just the cam. It all depends on what they find when they open it up. Your experience may be different than mine, who knows.......... What I do know for sure, is they will work with you and give you honest advise and quality workmanship that they will stand behind. :thumbs:

note: either the op or the mods feel feel to delete

I would do the following, based on my needs and not your health although it does made a difference in thoughts and I have health issues as well. (and not my head problems as most may think)

you have enough .

spend your money on coming down to C us and go cruising. mmmmmmm

go for walks with family and smile at them, this is hard for me with my health issues,

although I have been told it is easy to lose weight, the problem is it is easier not to

you need to bond with us, or we are coming up there, did you in for a trip in June to see this er, if he refuses to come to us, baby Ray, anyone else. maybe I might do it on my own mister

just thoughts Jeff

Good morning Jeff,

I'm not sure why I find parts of your post so cryptic!

To be sure one of the focus's of my life is to spend as much time with my son as possible. Outside of when I have mandatory farming activities and more recently am returning from Edmonton for treatment I make sure to spend every moment with him. Going on all field trips, lunch at the school when parents are invited and even though he is Grade 7 I still wait for him outside his locker as school is ending so I can walk home with him. Any and every second I take. I even dropped the price for the flight 2nd last treatment to Edmonton as it would get me home 1 3/4 hours sooner than driving would.

Depending on cost and when the snow melts I might be able to pursue cam'ing the car before seeding otherwise it will have to wait until after seeding is over. As my son is gone for a two week block when he mom goes camping after school gets out it might as late as the first two weeks of July.

3rd treatment applied last night, always so hard to tell if anything is happening as I need a longer window between views to be able to tell but as I see my arm several times a day when I moisturize it it makes it tough to see any changes.......

I know what you mean about health issues though and how hard it is to be positive. There are moments in the mornings especially when I am in my office that I find myself tearing up at the thought of not being able to see my son grow up, to graduate from high school, have children of his own etc. Things most people probably take for granted and never give a second thought to.

Oddly I have experiences that give me hope. Months ago I had a dream that I was dancing at my son's high school graduation so who knows!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

I am cryptic as spelling and grammer are not the best, scored in the bottom 10 % of the test subjects for a university career, not kidding,

also writing a story does not interest me and not good at it, in my jobs it was important to highlight points to talk about and not write a story book,

everyone says that about me, maybe there is a how to communicate for dummies book out there, then one would have to learn to read as well,

usually I talk in responses like a stand up comic, only I know what the joke was,

anyway, trying to make sure the home front is taken care of and maybe some inter-corvette friendship in person would be nice,

I am an acquired taste, and spit it out while you can,

maybe my plate should be the riddler,

anyway you are on the right track and I did not want to offend,

also have to learn to write without too many IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

later this spring eh

Jeff

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I am cryptic as spelling and grammer are not the best, scored in the bottom 10 % of the test subjects for a university career, not kidding,

also writing a story does not interest me and not good at it, in my jobs it was important to highlight points to talk about and not write a story book,

everyone says that about me, maybe there is a how to communicate for dummies book out there, then one would have to learn to read as well,

usually I talk in responses like a stand up comic, only I know what the joke was,

anyway, trying to make sure the home front is taken care of and maybe some inter-corvette friendship in person would be nice,

I am an acquired taste, and spit it out while you can,

maybe my plate should be the riddler,

anyway you are on the right track and I did not want to offend,

also have to learn to write without too many IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

later this spring eh

Jeff

Have no fear Garry.... In person Jeff is a great guy. He writing is often cryptic, but his in person presence is always fun and his jokes are hilarious. :Biggrin:

Good grief Jeff you did not offend me in any way, shape or form (or forum either!!)! I just was having trouble following the conversation. I had to read it a few times and in the end I asked myself am I so dense that I am missing what you were trying to say, glad to find out I wasn't either.

I really suck at spelling myself and often when I can't get the spell check to find the right one will look for another adjective as a shortcut!

Anyone had cam work done? What did it set you back? I want to start spring budgeting......................!!!

Cheers,

Garry

a guy who has a Camaro 2ss has a cam and his handle on his plate is lumpy for the cam I guess

he takes his stuff to davenport in Calgary where Rick is getting his supercharger done,

another fellow who I shoot with has 23 chev trucks and both supercharged Davenport as well and all of them speak highly of that shop,

this over 4 years worth of business that is all one can add I will ask about the cam cost same engine almost Jeff

although I have been told it is easy to lose weight, the problem is it is easier not to

I'm quite certain our situations are different Jeff, but I found this comment to be so true. :rofl:

Garry, if you did not get a cam in your car already, a blower cam should really help. To put a cam in, they have to either pull the engine, or pull everything off the car that is in front of the engine and on the front of the engine, so the labour would be much more than the cam. If your car still has the cats on the exhaust, I would suggest asking if those should be removed as I heard from someone that cats, even the high flow ones, can't handle the amount of exhaust created by a engine with forced induction.

With all the work completed on your car, I'm actually not sure what else you could look at doing to your engine as everything has been done. Maybe it's just a good time to have Davenport give your car a once over and make sure everything is good?

Hiya!

So I've sent an email off to Davenport - baby steps!

Heads could be done, perhaps the intake but I'd rather avoid that if I can. But a little more grumble would be fine. I'll see what they have to say and then see how the budget goes. If I remember Manny said the clutch was good for the 900 hp mark so I do have some wiggle room.

And it might be smart to have a fresh tune. Who knows what sort of hocus-pocus tricks might have come along in the past 6 years.

Might be fun to have a hybrid Dasilva/Davenport modded car in the end, best of both worlds?

Cheers,

Garry

Hiya!

So I've sent an email off to Davenport - baby steps!

Heads could be done, perhaps the intake but I'd rather avoid that if I can. But a little more grumble would be fine. I'll see what they have to say and then see how the budget goes. If I remember Manny said the clutch was good for the 900 hp mark so I do have some wiggle room.

And it might be smart to have a fresh tune. Who knows what sort of hocus-pocus tricks might have come along in the past 6 years.

Might be fun to have a hybrid Dasilva/Davenport modded car in the end, best of both worlds?

Cheers,

Garry

Sounds like you are on your way Garry; baby steps or not...... Keep us posted.

And so it begins again....

I think when I started on the forum you were trying to sort out some damage done to the car during shipping back to you. Am I confused? Well yes I am!!

Following along with interest on this one.

And actually that is also one thing that factors into the car not going back to Ontario - not having to worry about getting it shipped there and dealing with the shipper if it ever got damaged!!!!! That and getting the PST of the HST refunded by the feds. A lot of grief but a pretty cool car at least!

No reply today from Davenport, not that it was really expected................hopefully tomorrow?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.