I'm hearing Thursday May 11th could be this months allocation window for C8 and Z06 (following Thursday constraints).
Sorry for being a noob at this stuff, but what does this mean? Is it the cut off for new orders for 2023? Or just May? Or is it the open for new orders?
I got past the DIY build stage, and confirmed the pricing for it. I haven't actually put down the deposit, as it were, pending figuring out where to keep it once it arrives. My local dealer said I could be looking at early 2025 for delivery.

Sorry for being a noob at this stuff, but what does this mean? Is it the cut off for new orders for 2023? Or just May? Or is it the open for new orders?
I got past the DIY build stage, and confirmed the pricing for it. I haven't actually put down the deposit, as it were, pending figuring out where to keep it once it arrives. My local dealer said I could be looking at early 2025 for delivery.

I don't see that anyone responded. The May dates mentioned are expected dates for dealers to receive C8 allocations. Those allocations can be for the C8 Stingray and/or the C8 Z06.

Some time ago, it was announced that GM would stop taking orders for all 2023 Z06's in early April (I think), with the expectation that production of the 2023 MY (model year) would end around mid-July. But then GM decided to extend production of the 2023 MY into early September, so people have still been getting 2023 Z06's. That said, Z06 allocations to Canada are few and far between. The extended 2023 MY production schedule, also means more Stingray allocations. At some point, GM will likely announce a cut-off date for taking orders for any 2023 C8's. Then it's a waiting game, when the 2024 MY production/orders/allocations will begin, but generally it's a short period of time between when the 2023's end and the 2024's start rolling down the production line.

I hope this answers your questions. I'll let others with more wisdom chime in on any inaccuracies above (Murray?).

One other thing: it sounds like you've got all your "eggs in one basket" with only the one dealer. That's fine however I always recommend people get on multiple lists with dealers who expect to get allocations, so you increase your odds of getting one sooner. You can always withdraw your name and get a refund of your deposit (assuming you've placed a deposit and made sure it IS refundable, before matching an order to an allocation), if you get an allocation elsewhere. Good luck!

Reactions: kevindesj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.