Jul 9, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Just learning about corvettes so let’s say on a 2003 year corvette what is the differences between a reg corvette and a Z06 of the same year ? And how much more is a used Z06 worth than a used regular corvette of the same year ?(ball park $$$ in same condition of coarse) and is the Z06 worth the extra $$$$ & will the Z06 hold more value down the road in years to come ?

there is plenty to unpack in this request. Some points to consider include :
how are you going to use the car ? The main focus for the Z06 is track work.
If you are planning to use the car as primarily a touring vehicle, then a regular
C5 or C6 will suit just fine ! Not that you can't use the Z06 this way but why
have a high spirited horse when a less intense animal will be more appreciated.
Others will add that unless you purchase a rare/heritage car; cars are not an
investment ! We buy 'vettes to drive them and for the enjoyment we get from
this simple activity, and the people we meet while doing so.
Enough from me, maybe others will add their comments/thoughts.
Tony

I was quite content buying the coupe vs the Z06, i will never put a car on a race track and i couldnt justify the extra $$. I just cruise around and enjoy the company of fellow Corvette owners. IMO, this car is plenty fast, has more HP than i will ever use and it looks awesome to boot. Your cash, your decision, buy what you like/want...but mostly, just enjoy whatever you get. Good luck with your purchase.

Just learning about corvettes so let’s say on a 2003 year corvette what is the differences between a reg corvette and a Z06 of the same year ? And how much more is a used Z06 worth than a used regular corvette of the same year ?(ball park $$$ in same condition of coarse) and is the Z06 worth the extra $$$$ & will the Z06 hold more value down the road in years to come ?

Upgaded FE4 suspension (stiffer ride designed for the track), larger wheels and tires, revised gearing ratios, and functional brake cooling ducts. The Z06 is 38 lb (17 kg) lighter than a standard C5 hardtop due to weight-saving measures such as a titanium exhaust system, thinner glass, lighter wheels, non-EMT tires, reduced sound proofing, and a lighter battery. Power is increased from 350 HP to 405 hp (411 PS; 302 kW) at 6,000 rpm and 400 lb⋅ft (542 N⋅m) of torque at 4,800 rpm with the LS6 engine (which is the same engine as the LS1 in the non-Z06 but with some tweaking and tuning).

You will get more for resale of the Z06 but you will pay more for it to begin with so future value does not really come into play. There is likely a bit more audience for the Z06 resale for no good reason other than to say I own a Z06. Get a good car and you will be happy with either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.