Jan 23, 2015
VetteCoins
Beverly at Budd's Chevrolet in Oakville HAS an allocation right this minute. You call her and go down and you will have a car! Tell her Movie Muscle sent you along. Her direct number is 289-291-2510 and email is [email protected]

Allocation IS available with Z07 package. Only constraints are visible carbon fiber hood or aero package. Also DSOM for paint.

Get on it now, they had two Allocations and one is sold already.

Your a good man, Movie, when you buying yours? I thought you were in the market last fall.

Matt.

Hey! I just was typing this as I got home and had the phone call from Budds! Thanks for taking care of things! I don't know how they are doing DSOM though as it has been phased out.

Yes Phil got her as far as I know. He PM'd me. They will take good care of him. The allocation is 100% definite. They received two. Other dealers were given allocations as well. Was that a call from Budd's you received or the one from me calling you telling you there was an allocation?

Call from Bud's - Ed. I actually came to post it because I couldn't find Phil's number and saw it. Then he called me. LMAO...It's Dr. Phil.

And when are you getting yours?

That car would be here before the end of June for sure, maybe end of April...or mid May would be my guess.

I am very happy for whoever got the allocation. Getting a new car is always the best option when used cars are so close in price (if not more).

That said - I would seriously recommend they ask the Dealership when they believe the car would be delivered.

The last one I asked stated they could not guarantee the car would be in my hands by the end of the summer. They did guarantee me September.

The other caveat I have is the Z07 package.

Two dealerships told me that this was a GM decision - not theirs - as to how many Z07 cars can be allocated.

Do your due diligence unless these two items are of no use to you. Both were big for me - which is why I did not take one.

Cheers and good luck!

Are you still looking for a car? The Z07 option and carbon fiber options do go under constraint at various times. This is due to the parts suppliers not being able to produce enough inventory to match demand at certain points. Thus Gm has to constrain options. Right now visible carbon fiber aero and hood inserts are under constraint for some dealer allocations.The answers given by the dealer mentioned above is a classic answer for a dealer who has no allocation at present and is hoping to receive a second round of allocations. I personally watched a 2016 ordered in mid may of 2015 ( they did a roll in production, 15's and 16 order were being done at the same time) show July 28th I believe it was of August 8th. Deliveries are happening in a relatively timely fashion if the dealer ACTUALLY HAS an allocation. Three months should be about the right time frame for a Canadian car right now. That is the time frame the dealer is expecting for rough delivery.

Are you still looking for a car? The Z07 option and carbon fiber options do go under constraint at various times. This is due to the parts suppliers not being able to produce enough inventory to match demand at certain points. Thus Gm has to constrain options. Right now visible carbon fiber aero and hood inserts are under constraint for some dealer allocations.The answers given by the dealer mentioned above is a classic answer for a dealer who has no allocation at present and is hoping to receive a second round of allocations. I personally watched a 2016 ordered in mid may of 2015 ( they did a roll in production, 15's and 16 order were being done at the same time) show July 28th I believe it was of August 8th. Deliveries are happening in a relatively timely fashion if the dealer ACTUALLY HAS an allocation. Three months should be about the right time frame for a Canadian car right now. That is the time frame the dealer is expecting for rough delivery.

I do not as I was fortunate enough to find a car.

I can only say that the two dealers in question are two of the largest.

Believe me - I hope you are correct and these people get cars by May. From my research the wait time is a lot longer.

Let me clarify why this was an issue for me.

One - I didn't want the summer to go by without a car. Second I wanted to get the car modified right away - so that takes time to schedule, order parts and install. May isn't bad for a delivery as that is when good weather kicks in...even June is good.

I simply had a time table lol...

Edit: I should state the Z07 package was a must for me. So any question on whether I would be able to get it - pushed me away as well.

I am very happy for whoever got the allocation. Getting a new car is always the best option when used cars are so close in price (if not more).

That said - I would seriously recommend they ask the Dealership when they believe the car would be delivered.

The last one I asked stated they could not guarantee the car would be in my hands by the end of the summer. They did guarantee me September.

The other caveat I have is the Z07 package.

Two dealerships told me that this was a GM decision - not theirs - as to how many Z07 cars can be allocated.

Do your due diligence unless these two items are of no use to you. Both were big for me - which is why I did not take one.

Cheers and good luck!
======================================

Budd's was great to me from start to finish, highly recommended ! They didnt try to trick me into more stuff either like most dealers, you know "coating this" and "warranty that", it was a very positive experience throughout.

Matt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 13
Ya if we all had the money for that back up plan!?!?!?
Lol - funny thing is - it will probably work for him the way the cars are not depreciating.

I know you also had significant delays AF. I just want people to be informed and be prepared for possible delays. I wanted my car now - so I went with Wallace's Owners car. Would I prefer new? Of course. There's always trade offs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread