I want the latest and greatest so no I will not wait for 2nd year if 1st year is available.
Denis, I am with you. I had great success with my 2020 Coupe and that made me also want the latest and the greatest, hence being on lists for multiple Stingrays, E-Ray, Z06, ZR1 and now the C9. Thinking the ZR1 will be the keeper before the C9 shows up for 2030. Maybe a ZR1 75th anniversary model?

Reactions: DenisC8
Here is horror story.
Talking to my friend at work. He told me a friend of his buddy had a CF wheel that some how the dealer damaged. He was not sure the finer deatails of the incident? The dealership replaced with a new rim but refused to intall the tire. So he left it there and demanded that they would reintalled the tire. When he returned to pickup his Z, he'd noticed someone has put an additional 100km on the odometer and scratch along the side of the door. They denied any wrong doing and needless to say, he his hirring a lawyer.
The point of the story most importantly are those Carbon Fiber rims. May just need to document the installation process to protect yourself?
I will ask him to ask his buddy which dealership his friend bought his Vette from, just out of curiosity.

Update. Latest is they may have found a valve body found and could be here earliest June 15th then the repair will begin…
Good to hear they found the part in a week, but what's the deal with 2 weeks shipping when it could be there overnight??

Reactions: wlgj
Denis, I am with you. I had great success with my 2020 Coupe and that made me also want the latest and the greatest, hence being on lists for multiple Stingrays, E-Ray, Z06, ZR1 and now the C9. Thinking the ZR1 will be the keeper before the C9 shows up for 2030. Maybe a ZR1 75th anniversary model?
Likely shipping cost.
If the part is coming from the US, it’s likely sitting in Toronto waiting to clear customs.

Reactions: NOSOUPFORU
Seems like these DCT issues are more common than we are led to believe. Even after a valve body flush or valve body replacement, issues still seem to arise. Full unit replacement seems to be the best course of action, unfortunately GM has a diagnostic procedure so your at their mercy. Some continue to have issues even after being replaced, we're going into the 5th model year and DCT issues are just as bad as they were in 2020. A track focused car that can't be tracked, too bad we don't have lemon law in Canada.

It has been said that the cases and shafts weren't cleaned thoroughly, hence debris clogs up the DCT filter and causes it to go into bypass mode. This allows dirt particles to pass into the valve body and clog up the solenoids. The assembly of these units is most likely being rushed to meet demand, and sadly quality control is out the window. I wouldn't expect this type of issue with a near 200k CDN vehicle. My question is who's paying the price for these mistakes, is Tremec replacing the units for free or is GM paying for them.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I would be interested in a statistical comparison of the number of replaced transmissions to C8’s produced. I fear that social media has blown this out of proportion. Or, if not, we are all sitting on ticking transmission time bombs.

Reactions: TreVette
Considering most of the time parts availability is unknown, I believe this to be a real problem and not overhyped. If keeping the car long term I personally would not purchase any C8 version without the longest extended warranty available.

I would be interested in a statistical comparison of the number of replaced transmissions to C8’s produced. I fear that social media has blown this out of proportion. Or, if not, we are all sitting on ticking transmission time bombs.
my educated guess would be under 1% of all C8 produced

With close to 100k C8 out there since launch. Even 500-600 failure would be a low percentage. With new break in and recommended flush; probably bound to get lower failure rate in future.
Is there a recommended flush? I know about the DCT filter change at 12K but didn’t know about a flush

Is there a recommended flush? I know about the DCT filter change at 12K but didn’t know about a flush
It’s a hydraulic flush of the valves and solenoids. Not the same as a syncromesh tranny flush. The computer manipulates the valves and forces the fluid through with the intent and hope to dislodge and flush out any crud stuck in the valves which is thought to be one of the failure pinch points. It is done as part of the DCT filter change.

Reactions: harshadt
I had C8 VIN 049 in 2020 and it was a flawless car that I put 15k on in a year.

Sometimes it does work out.
Never EVER buy a first production run of ANYTHING. I've been bitten by this before.
This is not true! I put 35,000km's on my 2020 C8 without a single visit to the dealer and 65,000kms on my first tear 2015 Hellcat with no issues at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.