RIP
You're a Regular King of the Post You're Liked 2 You're 10
Jul 15, 2012
Fairview, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z06
Oddly news.

So my phone rings at like 8:30 pm. Call display says a "private caller" so I don't pick up and continue to do my dishes. But then I check and a message has been left by the caller.

It is from my doctor. At 8:30 in the evening no less! Again my experience with the medical system here in Alberta 10 years ago and now just leaves me so impressed!!!!!!!

So OK, here is the message that he left.

1) The 12 square inches of skin that he removed around the original tumor site was clean - no cancer.

2) he is forwarding the file to the cancer council as he was never able to remove any of the lymph nodes due to none of the radioactive cobalt tracer moved from the inject site to my lymph nodes so they can't identify which lymph nodes to test. He is not sure what they will want to do, which way to lean.

So, well, sort of happy with #1 but never knew about #2 to be honest with you. I had no idea that no lymph nodes had been removed, I thought he had grabbed some samples from likely candidates. Maybe given how damaged my lymphatic system is in my left arm he didn't want to remove any of there was no indication of which ones they should be.

So, no burnout/convertible/a 100% clean bill of health just yet but maybe................in the near future?

And I mean ya, of course I'm glad that there was nothing in the skin around the tumor but the real information needed was the sentinel node situation and there was no news on it.

Just have to wait now for what the cancer council says/things and to go from there.

Might be just go on with your life, could be "we'll remove all the lymph nodes in that area to be safe, sorry your arm looks like a leg...................".

THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Heck I have told my gf but you guys were told before my parents/friends here...............!

Cheers,

Garry

Thanks Graham,

I just woke up. Time to process the Dr.'s message.

Reality has dawned on me that after the past 11 or 12 days, absolutely nothing has been resolved on this issue. For me it was never about if there would be any cancer in the skin that surrounded the tumor, it was always about the chance that the cancer might have spread into my lymph nodes and nothing has been resolved with regards to that.

I never through this process was told or made aware that no lymph nodes had been removed for testing.

Maybe the Dr. wants to take the 30% chance that it hasn't spread and doesn't want to risk removing any non-cancerous lymph nodes..........?

I mean, don't get me wrong, of course I'm happy that cancer was not found in the surrounding skin.

But if no lymph nodes were removed for testing, why has the lymphodema gotten worse?? Or so it would appear anyway.

I am now wondering what the opinion of the cancer council will be on this matter. How long will it take to get a call from them and what will it be? Do they have another means of possibly trying to find the sentinel or to be on the cautious side will they just want to remove them all in that area to be on the safe side?

All I wanted this summer was a convertible and to move into a new house to be able to have more time with my son - I can't seem to catch a break!

Yet....................

Cheers,

Garry

I can't believe I missed this thread! Well, good news it hasn't spread to the surrounding area. As for not removing a lymph? With the number of surgeries he does in this situation, I'm sure if he saw an indication to remove something, he would have removed it. In this case, he didn't see the dye move so no need to remove anything I'm thinking.

Good morning Riley,

The Dr. actually needed the cobalt to move, as it is radioactive he then uses his geiger counter to identify which lymph nodes it went into. He couldn't do that in this case so he didn't remove any of them.

Still have this crazy thought in my mind that if the lymphatic fluid can't reach any lymph nodes maybe the cancer cells from teh tumor were also unable to go anywhere. The straw that I am clutching!

Still waiting for a call from the cancer council on what they recommend doing from here................

And enjoying MLP so much! For $ invested to smiled generated I don't think I've ever done better!!!!!!

Of course my gf found it terribly cold in the back seat - she and Aidan switched..................
P1050491.JPG
P1050498.JPG

Cheers,

Garry

Hiya!

Much nicer weather today. Off to the farm to contemplate changing the lower suspension arm/ball joint on the sedan so I can finally get the tires aligned. My parents have a new dog and once when I looked up it had my screwdriver in her mouth and was wandering away! Dad went after her and found a socket in the process. Then, I went looking for the nut and bolt that connects the ball joint to the wheel bearing thingie - it is gone! I had seen it only 20 minutes earlier and now it was no where in sight! That darn dog!

So I thought it would be a simple matter to go on the internet and I could find a parts list, nope, only listed as a bolt. Even called Nissan in GP and they can't tell me the size. I asked if they would look for one in stock and measure it for me and of course they didn't have one in stock. Then dad decided to troll the area where the socket was found and the dog was going with the screwdriver with some magnets and as luck would have it he found it! Hurray for Dad!

So assembled everything and now Thursday can get the alignment.

Soothed my frayed nerves by driving home with the roof down, my son drove the sedan behind me..................

I'm thinking I need an excuse to go into town to get something.............

Anything!

I hope that the Z06 doesn't get jealous and understands things............

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning Riley,

So a restful three day weekend when I don't have to worry about any calls freaking me out.

Drove the convertible every day including yesterday when Aidan, my gf, mom and I went to look at some potential houses in Fairview. A beautiful drive there, nice and sunny. It showered on the way back so I raised the roof but everyone agreed the trip there was terrific!

Yes, that Maggie-puppy was a bit of a surprise. Especially to take the one piece that could have prevented me from completing the repair on my sedan! And being a metric bolt and of unknown length it would have been a nuisance to have found a replacement. While we've trolled for nuts and bolts in grass before (usually in a more known localized area too) the fact that dad found it really surprised me. I have teh wheel alignment scheduled for Thursday and am looking forward to getting that done.

But to be sure, we'll have to watch Maggie and be quick to break her of this habit of wandering off with anything metal!

It will be a Z06 day to get the mail today as well.........time to make sure that the Z06 doesn't think I've either forgotten about it or am neglecting it..........and to charge the battery too.

Cheers,

Garry

I guess it had not been that long, the car started without needing a boost. Aidan looked at me when we were driving in and told me that "I like the convertible but I like the Z06 because I like it when we go FAST!".

But there had just been a skiff of rain so I had to drive appropriately. But still fun to drive it. Two totally different driving experiences between these two cars and I just love them both. They appeal to different parts of my driving soul................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.