Regular
Nov 18, 2016
Rosthern Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
18 Stingray Z51 vert
Province
SK
Just got my car out of the body shop. Two minor hits this summer. One on the front bumper and on on the back. I asked them to leave the decals off. Do I leave them off, put them on or something else. Your ideas or suggestions.. Definitely have to put something where the wings on the back were. Have all the new decals..And the old ones..Sure am glad to see the dealers sticker gone....The damage was only cosmetic, but thank God for insurance as the total bill was close to $3000.00.
20190617_135720.jpg
20190531_165632.jpg
20201030_165959.jpg
20201030_170016.jpg
20201030_170023.jpg

Just a suggestion... how about leaving out the CORVETTE script from the Rear and installing the Carbon Flash Crossed Flags Logo on the Rear and Front.
It is all subjective based on personal preferences but I switched from Chrome to Carbon Flash on my Torch Red and love it. I felt the Chrome stood out too much while the Carbon Flash maintains the originality but is more subtle.

Reactions: Corvette GT1
Just a suggestion... how about leaving out the CORVETTE script from the Rear and installing the Carbon Flash Crossed Flags Logo on the Rear and Front.
It is all subjective based on personal preferences but I switched from Chrome to Carbon Flash on my Torch Red and love it. I felt the Chrome stood out too much while the Carbon Flash maintains the originality but is more subtle.
do you have pics..Would love to see them.

When suiting your own taste ... it is what ever pleases you.
When selling, those blank flag indents will most likely not be the cup-of-tea for a majority of buyers.
But that’s for when selling of course and you will have parts no doubt.

I myself would have to have something there.
Whether chrome, carbon flash or carbon fibre ... for the flags and the script too.. JMO

I have chrome on mine and am pondering switching the flags and have carbon flash ones to consider.
I will post them for you to see up close.
I am waiting to acquire a set of exposed carbon fibre flags before making my decision. 🤪
Ya once cosmetic changes starts ... it does not seem to end ... and the parts shelf is filling up too 😂

5C5472D0-7E8C-4D09-9FF1-26C815C05AA5.jpeg
2D65FB29-A68F-4571-B08A-500E133FCAC1.jpeg

Last edited:
When suiting your own taste ... it is what ever pleases you.
When selling, those blank flag indents will most likely not be the cup-of-tea for a majority of buyers. But that’s for when selling of course.

I myself would have to have something there. Whether chrome, carbon flash or carbon fibre ... for the flags and the script too.. JMO
I appreciate your opinion. The good thing is no matter what, when I go to sell I can include the original brand new logos as I have them. No matter what I do I want to be able to return the car to 100% stock for just that reason.

Just got my car out of the body shop. Two minor hits this summer. One on the front bumper and on on the back. I asked them to leave the decals off. Do I leave them off, put them on or something else. Your ideas or suggestions.. Definitely have to put something where the wings on the back were. Have all the new decals..And the old ones..Sure am glad to see the dealers sticker gone....The damage was only cosmetic, but thank God for insurance as the total bill was close to $3000.00.View attachment 45210View attachment 45211View attachment 45206View attachment 45207View attachment 45208

Just got my car out of the body shop. Two minor hits this summer. One on the front bumper and on on the back. I asked them to leave the decals off. Do I leave them off, put them on or something else. Your ideas or suggestions.. Definitely have to put something where the wings on the back were. Have all the new decals..And the old ones..Sure am glad to see the dealers sticker gone....The damage was only cosmetic, but thank God for insurance as the total bill was close to $3000.00.View attachment 45210View attachment 45211View attachment 45206View attachment 45207View attachment 45208
Dealer stickers are easy to get rid of. A heat gun or hair dryer and they will like right off. Just be careful to keep the heat source moving so as not to screw up the paint

Mine is completely debadged or blacked out. I like it and have had great feedback.
Color match them like I did?

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_104746~2.jpg
    IMG_20200919_104746~2.jpg
    739.6 KB · Views: 34
That looks cool.... I was wondering about the ability to remove them without damage...

Any reputable detail shop can remove them in minutes if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Think they just warm the badge up with a hair dryer or heat gun and then run some fishing line under the badge.Then remove the glue. They had to remove all the Corvette letters on the rear to apply full PPF. Couldn't even tell they had been off the car.

As is everything Corvette, these kind of things are truly items of personal opinion. I wouldn't leave the depressions for the emblems with nothing in them; the depressions for the name on the rear bumper on some models were just depressions from the factory. I think I would go with the factory emblems (chrome) as Black Rose is so very dark that the carbon fiber ones that look so good on red will just disappear on that dark surface. My '95 Z07 is Dark Purple Metallic and the factory emblems for that year are gloss black, but are nearly invisible on the dark surface of my C4. Whatever decision you make will make your Corvette "yours". Enjoy.
chevykid

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.