Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Must admit I am a sucker for Christmas Movies. Will even watch the Hallmark ones even if they truly stink. Who knew in this day and age true wealth and happiness could come from have a Christmas Tree lot or a bakery in some small town time had forgotten?

I like the classics White Christmas, Scrooge, Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Story and a few from that time era.

If I had to pick one movie that brings out the Christmas spirit in me it is the seldom seen "A Childs Christmas in Wales" by Dylan Thomas. The photography, acting and storyline are excellent.

So what is your one must see Christmas Movie? My son says it is not Christmas without Bruce Willis so that works too!

MV5BMTkyMzYwNDQ2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMwMTEzMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

We always watch the usual suspects at Christmas time such as National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Elf, Scrooged, etc, but my favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas, with Jim Carrey. When it first came out, I didn’t care for it, but now it has moved up the list to number one. I love what Jim did with his character.
Also,every Christmas Eve I try to watch Scrooge...the one with Alastair Sim, although no one in my family would watch it with me, as it is too old, apparently.

The 1951 “Scrooge” with Alistair Sim gets my vote as the best Christmas movie. No other version comes close to the acting and the black and white adds to the menacing “spirits”. I feel your pain Dale124 since no one else in my family will watch it with me, since it’s not in colour and considered too old. Merry Christmas to all!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread