Being rear ended by a police vehicle that's stopped to give you a speeding ticket and unoccupied when it suddenly "jumped into gear"...notice the imprint of his front licence plate on my vehicle in the photo below: time for a new bumper skin ($2,629.72 estimate)...

And he still gave me the ticket...:Arghh:

At least I wasn't driving my C8.

Attachments

• Police Rearender 1.jpg
    Police Rearender 1.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Police Rearender 2.jpg
    Police Rearender 2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 26
Damn that is a bummer. Thank goodness you were not standing between the vehicles.

I said the same thing to the police officer. He wasn't in the best mood: right afterwards I jokingly asked him "should I call the police?"; he said "yes" to which I replied "but you're already here" and he didn't see the humour. Then I asked "should get your licence and registration?"; he said "yes" and I told him I was joking since I knew everything would be in order at his end. I gave up all humour attempts after that. They then called in the "major traffic collision investigator". When I pointed out to that investigator this was hardly a "major collision" and he was likely better used elsewhere, he said it was SOP to bring him in for any police-equipment-related accidents. A uniformed photographer also came out and took a ton of photos from all angles, all the while with the original police truck sitting with all its lights flashing and people driving/walking by, no doubt wondering what I'd done to require 4 or 5 police vehicles. I've now started the process for my vehicle repairs and expect I'll waste some 5 or 6 hours once all is said and done, so far more than any $175.00 ticket is worth.
:grr:

I said the same thing to the police officer. He wasn't in the best mood: right afterwards I jokingly asked him "should I call the police?"; he said "yes" to which I replied "but you're already here" and he didn't see the humour. Then I asked "should get your licence and registration?"; he said "yes" and I told him I was joking since I knew everything would be in order at his end. I gave up all humour attempts after that. They then called in the "major traffic collision investigator". When I pointed out to that investigator this was hardly a "major collision" and he was likely better used elsewhere, he said it was SOP to bring him in for any police-equipment-related accidents. A uniformed photographer also came out and took a ton of photos from all angles, all the while with the original police truck sitting with all its lights flashing and people driving/walking by, no doubt wondering what I'd done to require 4 or 5 police vehicles. I've now started the process for my vehicle repairs and expect I'll waste some 5 or 6 hours once all is said and done, so far more than any $175.00 ticket is worth.
:grr:

Woow, hopefully a string of good luck happens after this mishap. Sorry to hear.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Being rear ended by a police vehicle that's stopped to give you a speeding ticket and unoccupied when it suddenly "jumped into gear"...notice the imprint of his front licence plate on my vehicle in the photo below: time for a new bumper skin ($2,629.72 estimate)...

And he still gave me the ticket...:Arghh:

At least I wasn't driving my C8.
Can you say "whiplash".... "disc herniation"..."chronic headache"....mental anguish"...."nightmares"..."loss of appetite".... "erectile dysfunction"...... He should have at least tore up the ticket...

• Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread