Jul 31, 2021
Manitoba
VetteCoins
Car
Red Mist 2023 Coupe
Province
MB
As I continue to change my mind on my 2022 colour choice, this week finds me mulling over Torch Red as a possibility. I saw one in a parking lot, I don't normally like red cars but the C8 looked really good. If I go that route, I'd probably go with yellow calipers on a non-Z51 coupe. Anyone have any experience with yellow and are they hard to keep clean? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: pozi240
As I continue to change my mind on my 2022 colour choice, this week finds me mulling over Torch Red as a possibility. I saw one in a parking lot, I don't normally like red cars but the C8 looked really good. If I go that route, I'd probably go with yellow calipers on a non-Z51 coupe. Anyone have any experience with yellow and are they hard to keep clean? Thanks in advance.
I did the same color switch. I was all set to order Rapid Blue, but when I saw it in person, I had second thoughts (was darker than I thought, wishing it was closer to Porsche Miami blue). Then I saw Torch Red in person, and it glowed like crazy in the sunshine. Very vibrant and suits the C8 extremely well.
But like others have mentioned, almost any color looks amazing on the C8.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
From past experience on different cars, yellow is a color that does get dirty quicker than others and because of them being yellow the dirt becomes very noticeable. No idea on the C8 application though

I know a dude with the yellow calipers. By the time you try to colour match your accent pieces in yellow, you end up with a 50 Shades of Yellow Crayola Box full of reject paint and vinyl...

I wouldn't have anything else matched to the yellow. There is a 2021 on AutoTrader that is pretty much the same as what I would order. I just like the look of it. For me, having the calipers red would be too much already. I'd probably just leave them black if yellow doesn't get approved by the QA department ;)

red-2021-1024x786.jpg

Porsche Acid Green(lime), or perhaps Hemi Mango Tango orange. I did both myself on my Mustang. The pictures don't do them justice really. I get bored and change up the colors quite frequently. Still not sure what color I will choose first on my TR C8.
Oh, for the original poster, ceramic coating on your calipers will make them super easy to keep clean.

Attachments

• 20210720_113203_HDR.jpg
    20210720_113203_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 20210715_172910.jpg
    20210715_172910.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
I wouldn't have anything else matched to the yellow. There is a 2021 on AutoTrader that is pretty much the same as what I would order. I just like the look of it. For me, having the calipers red would be too much already. I'd probably just leave them black if yellow doesn't get approved by the QA department ;)

View attachment 86320
Not my taste either. I'd prefer one of the reds, but I like black the best. I don't understand wanting to show off brake calipers. I prefer them to be discreet.

Reactions: kerry4
Not my taste either. I'd prefer one of the reds, but I like black the best. I don't understand wanting to show off brake calipers. I prefer them to be discreet.
Understood, but I find if you have black wheels, it makes the wheel pop a bit more....draws your eye to the wheel.

Ceramic coating the calipers sounds interesting. Is that something I would do myself with something like AvalonKing?
Used Avalon King myself 2 coats 2 hours between on the yellow calipers.
They take no time at all to do. Once done try to wait a week before getting them wet. One bottle does 2 sets of wheels and the calipers.
Clean the calipers as per normal then wipe down with 50 50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water before coating them.
After the coating the brake dust washes off much easier but it will not just rinse off.

I know you hard core traditionalist guys will crucify me for this suggestion. I just added aftermarket aluminum caliper covers to my 1999 widebody. Looked great with my Z06 wheels and unless you got down on your hands and knees you would never know they were not the real deal. Low cost, easy to install and even said "Corvette" on them, plus you could always take them off or change colour.

Attachments

• Front splash guard.JPG
    Front splash guard.JPG
    577.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.