Yeah, if you put on new Xpel you can put nano ceramic on top of it. When I bought the '16 and put Xpel on it Ceramic was a bit newer to the scene so I didn't and I don't want to put it on top of older film now. If I was putting Xpel on new I chose to put nano ceramic on top of it.

You can buy cleaner, which I did, and it kind of helps on the spots but only so much.
Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Cleaner (16 oz)

One thing with Xpel is bugs wash off really easy. Good pressure from a wand wash place after a short presoak and they come off without leaving a spot. And you don't have to worry about getting rid of the bugs immediately like you do with bare paint. I have gone as much as 6 days once when I had no choice and the bugs came off with ease with no marks.
Thanks for the feedback. I hate to be a Guinea pig for new products and at 5 grand a wrap I dont want to have an issues with a new product reacting. I will consult with the installer and do a follow up with this. I spoke to a guy that does the ceramic coatings and he said they do it and it adds protection and enhances the ease cleaning as well as glassy shine.

Reactions: Pep
I took it first thing this morning upon the recommendation of Ken and Randy to Car Pretty. They were able to get me in immediately for such a small job. With hot steaming water, the old film loosened up easily and was removed. Upon their tech cleaning the remainder of adhesive off and inspection of the mirror, there was absolutely no damage to the paint whatsoever. New Xpel Ultimate PPF was applied and I was ready to go within an hour. They allowed me to watch the process and answered all of my questions. Thank you Car Pretty, I will be back, but hopefully not very soon. Thank goodness for the Xpel film protection, Xpel saved the day! :thumbs:

View attachment 11281
Glad things worked out Ziggy. Did you get Xpel on the enitire car? If so, how does it cost? I am not going to bother with mine - not enough driving to warrant; but, maybe the C8 if I order?

Thanks for the feedback. I hate to be a Guinea pig for new products and at 5 grand a wrap I dont want to have an issues with a new product reacting. I will consult with the installer and do a follow up with this. I spoke to a guy that does the ceramic coatings and he said they do it and it adds protection and enhances the ease cleaning as well as glassy shine.
Nice pics, makes me wish I was there!
Thanks

Glad things worked out Ziggy. Did you get Xpel on the enitire car? If so, how does it cost? I am not going to bother with mine - not enough driving to warrant; but, maybe the C8 if I order?

Yes I did the entire car, I live in Edmonton, Alberta, home of gravel, sand and rocks. It has paid off many times over. If I lived in BC probably wouln't bother either. And to answer your question of how much, lets just say lots, but less than the cost of a paint job.

:bsmile:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.