Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2012
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 LS2
Thanks to recommendations here, the CTEK seems to be the way to go for keeping your battery charged while in storage.
Canadian Tire, at least in Aurora or Richmond Hill doesn't have it in stock...and I can't find it on their website either.
Anyone know where I can find one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks folks.

David

Although the Ctec is a very good unit, it is not the only ones on the market. Maybe have a look around for an other manufacture that meets the criteria and is available in your area. I have heard that the Ctek is in short supply right now.
Here is one from a source that is good to deal with:

Battery Tender.

The Canadian Tire here in Owen Sound had two in stock a week or two ago. Call around to different CTC stores and you might have some luck.

Greg.

No luck finding that elusive Ctek...so, I did what I should have done in the first place which was call Manny. :D
First of all, he's an uber nice guy...and did not rush me through the call even though I'm sure he's a real busy guy. That alone left me with a great vibe about this guy...secondly, he gave me some sound advice on what to do for storage and battery care.
Needless to say, I'm pretty darn happy now...and my baby...I mean my Vette is sleeping soundly.
Thanks Manny!

David

Manny comes thru again .....
icon14.gif

-- btw he's even better in person.:D

C.

NAPA has the newest version - CTEK Multi US 4.3 for $80. This is the "replacement" for the 3300. Retails for about $10 more. Gives you 8 stages of charging. Just picked mine up two days ago. This is my second CTEK. I am also picking up a Battery Minder 2012. They are worth a look. Great reviews and customer service. Seem to be in short supply currently. Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread