Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
We were heading to the cottage to set up for summer. On the way, near Buckhorn, we saw a certain white "Shark" Corvette heading west. At a certain house lot, where work should be under way, everything was peaceful and silent, except for the birds. It was to nice of a day for working. ;)

We were heading to the cottage to set up for summer. On the way, near Buckhorn, we saw a certain white "Shark" Corvette heading west. At a certain house lot, where work should be under way, everything was peaceful and silent, except for the birds. It was to nice of a day for working. ;)

imagine !!!! some guys are just too lazy for words keith :rofl:

If You Can, I Can

If you can go for a drive, then so can we. When we got home from the cottage, we got into the Corvette and went to Bobcaygeon for one of their famouse ice cream cones and came home............the long way. What a beautiful day. There was the odd black fly out but by next weekend it will be swarms. :(

I vote drive but, unfortunately, if I don't go to work I won't be able to go for a drive. :(

Black flies have been bad around here the last few evenings. We live just a stone's throw from the Niagara Escarpment that runs right through the city.

Gosh you can't even go 5 minutes down the road without someone watching and checking up on you -- I thought things were pretty laid back up there......heck they're no diff than the big city.....:rofl:

Enjoy the damned car -- you've got some catching up to do and all summer to work on the property.

besides now that you're over 50 you have to pace yourself, Doug.....:D

C.

yeah colin i'm so far past 50 i've left the decade :rofl: if i knew i was gonna live this long i'd have taken better care of myself.......nahh :D

What, and miss all the fun you had? --

I'm with you on that "past the decade" stuff but thank God we're still feelin' pretty spry..... (well every so often, anyway.:rofl:)

C.

Colin, to get any work out of this guy, you have to get his ear to the ground, nose to the grind stone and shoulder to the wheel. Then he complains that he can't work in that position. You should see his lot. It's a beauty. Mother nature is no farther away than the nearest window. Not far from Doug's place we saw a deer in a field and a little farther along, a fox crossed the road in front of us. Things like this just make the day.

Keith, AFAIK Doug is retired now and on his own schedule -- not anybody else's. .. and from what I've heard he's got a pretty damned good handle on things. I suspect that if he wants a day off, he doesn't feel bad about taking one and doesn't complain when someone else does......

I guess I could have it all wrong since I don't know any of you that well at all.:D

I've seen sights like you have described and shown by pictures many, many times when I lived in the Ottawa Valley and thereabouts.
From what I've seen already, not much different than your area.

Very attractive.

C.

keith, too bad we couldn't have connected when you were up this way yesterday. yes boys retirement is everything it's cracked up to be eh !!! i actually work one day a week, a good friend who is disabled, owns a small engine repair shop and i help him out every friday. this week he's swamped and needs me thursday as well......the slave driver !!! i can't take all this pressure :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If Doug and I weren't picking on each other, we would just be picking on someone else. It is indeed nice being retired and being able to go for a drive on the nice days rather than having to wait for the weekend and have it rain.
What comes after two days of rain.....Monday. Ray, the guy I was with at the swap meet, is going for a drive one of these days with me and we will go up your way and stop in to see the progress. He likes to get out for a drive now and then. When going to the cottage, it's only a mile off the road we travel to Doug's new house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.