Sep 21, 2014
York,Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 C5 vert
Last year was my first year with a Vette. Now that it is put away, (6wks) I am having quite a problem with not having the car to drive!:(
Does this go away after having a Vette for a few years? CRIPES!

Bill:driving:

Very early in my ownership of my Corvette I went about 18 months without driving it. On the plus side it felt like I had a new car again once I did drive it.

Winters are tough, you will make it through it.

Agreed it will always be a curse living in the north .Normally the car is in Orlando by now but this year the car and I are crossing off the days on a calender (95 days left).I did install a 40 inch TV in the garage so we can watch NASCAR in February. Yep ,95 days :(

I drove the COPO Chevelle year round for three years before having it freshened up in '72 and making it a summer vehicle. I've been through an awful lot of these winters storing cars away and it doesn't get any better with time nor age. Come on spring. :driving:
PS The wife gets it as bad as I do. ;)

Last edited:
In a sense its a bonus having a 'vette.

One is not tempted to grab winter rims and tires and drive it year round if one
lives in anywhere other than possibly B.C.
Yes..its stinks having to 'go without' for ~ 4 months.

Tony,
welland...remembering the 'vettes of years past !!

There are several of us in past years store our cars at a self storage next to the Orlando airport .I head down in late Oct or Nov. and catch up with friends on the way usually hit the tail of the dragon .Talking with my neighbors we all search for discount air tickets and length of stay varies .In my case I leave Maine on Wednesday and return on Tuesday sometimes twice a month .If I get down to Florida and it's cold I head for Key West .

Heading home In April I take different routes meeting more friends and sometimes stop in Bowling Green .

Anyone interested next year let me know :D

Having my ZR1 at a self storage in Las Vegas one winter was neat to do... flew 3 times to enjoy it.

This winter I just rented a Convertible in Miami and went to Key West so got some "fun" fix.

4 of us tried to buy a condo in Vegas.. had a huge double garage... wanted to store the ZR1 there.. but the deal fell through :(

Brian

Hey Bill! The only way to sort of get relief from not driving the Vette is to make yourself so busy that you couldn't drive it anyway, even if it was nice out.....
I'm still trying to figure out how to make myself busy enough that I don't miss the car. :D

Tony, even if you lived in B.C. where we are, all the rain we get would not let you drive the vette all year round. Where we live it lierally rains from Mid Oct. through to end of April. We may not have snow like you all have east of us but the rain plays havoc with the ground pin connections under the car, all thirteen of them. Don't want to drive year round and worry when a bit of corrossion stops you dead wherever you may be. And then the cost or the time to find which of the pins are rusting etc. This year the last nice enough day we had for the vette was Oct. 13th.
Al...

Hey Bill! The only way to sort of get relief from not driving the Vette is to make yourself so busy that you couldn't drive it anyway, even if it was nice out.....
I'm still trying to figure out how to make myself busy enough that I don't miss the car. :D

Oh I'm busy Riley but can always fine time for quick rip. I have also been known to take the Vette to job sites. Clean job sites! lol
I'm heading out New Years day for a visit to my storage area but no... I won't cave:nono:....she's stayin put till spring.:D
Bill

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.