My understanding is that wireless is not really wireless, you have to run the wired transmitter from the back
to under the dash where they recommend mounting it.
I just changed out my stereo to a Boss unit that has a backup camera function.
My Z did not have the Bose unit and the sound was so bad I usually didn't have radio on.
The new Boss unit is much improved without changing speakers and I now use the radio.
If you have the upgraded Bose unit in your car just replace the head with a new one c/w backup cam.
I found Crutchfield to be a wealth of knowledge, made the transition very easy.

My understanding is that wireless is not really wireless, you have to run the wired transmitter from the back
to under the dash where they recommend mounting it.
I just changed out my stereo to a Boss unit that has a backup camera function.
My Z did not have the Bose unit and the sound was so bad I usually didn't have radio on.
The new Boss unit is much improved without changing speakers and I now use the radio.
If you have the upgraded Bose unit in your car just replace the head with a new one c/w backup cam.
I found Crutchfield to be a wealth of knowledge, made the transition very easy.
Blu427 thanks for the response. Reading forums on stereo systems and backup cameras I agree it seems that replacing the original head unit with a new head unit that includes a backup camera is best route to go for a good backup camera and sound. I applaud anyone that decides that is best for them and makes that change.
I’m “old school” and really like to keep my car as OEM as possible and I like that the original head unit means the navigation system and radio info shows on the HUD. Having a convertible with the top down (which is how I like to drive) the stereo sound really isn’t important.
This is why I’m looking for a wireless backup camera that doesn’t include a monitor and connects to a smart phone for monitoring.
There are a number of them that are made in China on eBay and Amazon and I’m hoping someone has one and will let me know if they work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.