boblister

Casual User
Jan 27, 2019
Chuncky1
VetteCoins
Hi all,
Slowly getting there phew, but it’s been enlightening.
Next project. I need to install the washer bottle, which was missing when I purchased the Vette.
I can see where it goes but need help of how to get it in situ. Square plug round hole senario.
Can anyone shed a little light on a easier way to achieve this please
Bob

Hi all,
Next project. I need to install the washer bottle, which was missing when I purchased the Vette.
I can see where it goes but need help of how to get it in situ. Square plug round hole senario.
Bob
Hi Bob,

It's been a couple years since I had mine out and put it back in. I pulled mine when I was putting in a new engine though:). If I were to install mine I would see if it will pass between the fender and master cylinder. If it doesn't you may be able to unbolt the master cylinder from the brake booster (2 nuts), pull it away from the booster and to the side.

If you don't have enough play with the lines going to the master cylinder then I would unbolt the plate behind the front wheel and remove the charcoal canister then with the canister removed pass the washer reservoir through and into place.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

PS. Make sure the seal of the pump on the bottom of the reservoir is in good shape. When I installed mine I took it apart to clean it but reused the old seal and now I can't fill up my reservoir without it all leaking out over a few days so now I'll have to do this same job some day.

Hi all,
Bob
Hi Bob,

It's been a couple years since I had mine out and put it back in. I pulled mine when I was putting in a new engine though:). If I were to install mine I would see if it will pass between the fender and master cylinder. If it doesn't you may be able to unbolt the master cylinder from the brake booster (2 nuts), pull it away from the booster and to the side.

If you don't have enough play with the lines going to the master cylinder then I would unbolt the plate behind the front wheel and remove the charcoal canister then with the canister removed pass the washer reservoir through and into place.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

PS. Make sure the seal of the pump on the bottom of the reservoir is in good shape. When I installed mine I took it apart to clean it but reused the old seal and now I can't fill up my reservoir without it all leaking out over a few days so now I'll have to do this same job some day.

Thanks I’ll give it a try

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.