MY21C8

Regular
You're a Regular You're Celebrated You're Liked Hot Chilli
Nov 19, 2020
VetteCoins
Y’all, I’ve put my car away for the winter (so sad) and am wondering if I should pull the battery or invest in a portable power station. Something like a jackery. I have the GM battery conditioner/tender/maintainer (whatever it’s called) but the storage facility does not have power. Would you bother with a portable power station or just pull the battery? I can’t think of any issues with pulling the battery other than the possible pain of having to manually unlock the door and frunk.

Y’all, I’ve put my car away for the winter (so sad) and am wondering if I should pull the battery or invest in a portable power station. Something like a jackery. I have the GM battery conditioner/tender/maintainer (whatever it’s called) but the storage facility does not have power. Would you bother with a portable power station or just pull the battery? I can’t think of any issues with pulling the battery other than the possible pain of having to manually unlock the door and frunk.
Since that is what to do when you want to reset the car I see no other issues rather than it getting all your settings reset.

Reactions: MY21C8
Since that is what to do when you want to reset the car I see no other issues rather than it getting all your settings reset.
Oh ya, all my personalized settings will be lost if I pull the battery. Maybe that will remind me of the excitement I felt when I first got the car!

Might as well remobe it if there is no power in the area for a maintainer. It would be flat dead in a couple months anyway.
I know, that’s why I was thinking of purchasing a portable power station. I’m hoping I can just recharge the power station once every 4 to 6 weeks.

Personally, I'd just disconnect or pull the battery and forego the expense/worry about a power station. Up to you of course.

See other threads for advice on what else to do to properly park your C8.

If your storage area isn't heated, I'd remove the battery and keep it in a warm/dry spot. Do NOT store it in a hot environment. Good luck!

Personally, I'd just disconnect or pull the battery and forego the expense/worry about a power station. Up to you of course.

See other threads for advice on what else to do to properly park your C8.

If your storage area isn't heated, I'd remove the battery and keep it in a warm/dry spot. Do NOT store it in a hot environment. Good luck!
Thanks, I have experience with storage. I always pulled the battery in my 911. I guess I’ll continue to do the same with the Vette. I was thinking maybe it would be easier with a power station and was wondering if anyone else went this route.

I store a number of vehicles for the winter (and one for the summer LOL). I just disconnect the batteries on these vehicles. My vehicles are stored in a garage that is heated to 50 degrees F in the winter. Then in the spring, I put the battery charger on each vehicle for a couple of hours. So, a few things to reset on the C8, but other than that should be good to go.

That might work. I do not have any expierence with portable power, well except for my 9000 watt champion generator
lol.... I have two 8000 watt generators Don and they are anything but portable... anytime I need to move them or put one in the truck I have to use the skid steer.... Now. My little 1000 watt is actually portable... can carry that with one hand...

lol.... I have two 8000 watt generators Don and they are anything but portable... anytime I need to move them or put one in the truck I have to use the skid steer.... Now. My little 1000 watt is actually portable... can carry that with one hand...
Well, its got 2 wheels. I can haul it around but not very far, damn thing weighs a half tonne, good thing my house plug in is only 30 feet from the garage or I would need a skid steer as well.

Mine have tires too but they are always flat... I have one on a concrete pad beside the house and one on a pad beside my pumphouse... Typical farm... everything on different power feeds... The 8000 is overkill for the pumphouse but I got a great deal on it..

Reactions: OL Yeller
Previously I have just pulled negative leads but with this car you lose a lot of settings so the power station sounds like a good option. Any idea of the cost

Previously I have just pulled negative leads but with this car you lose a lot of settings so the power station sounds like a good option. Any idea of the cost
I use to pull the battery in my 911, but it was an older model with no where near the electronics the C8 has. Anyhow, I forgot that I had an 12 volt inverter I bought at bestbuy. I think it was about $100. I plugged it into the 12 volt of my daily. Then plugged the the GM battery conditioner into that. Worked like a charm! Only drawback, had to sit around for an hour or so. I have no life anyway 😂. A better option might be the Jackery power station from Amazon $260.00.

I use to pull the battery in my 911, but it was an older model with no where near the electronics the C8 has. Anyhow, I forgot that I had an 12 volt inverter I bought at bestbuy. I think it was about $100. I plugged it into the 12 volt of my daily. Then plugged the the GM battery conditioner into that. Worked like a charm! Only drawback, had to sit around for an hour or so. I have no life anyway 😂. A better option might be the Jackery power station from Amazon $260.00.
Close to what I was gonna suggest. Another battery in parallel for a month and then another battery to replace it for another month until your sick and fed up and just disconnect the battery! lol

• Haha
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread