Casual User
May 12, 2021
Oakville
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 HTC 3LT Z51
Province
ON
Hi guys, I know I'm late to the party, but my initial storage plans fell through. I'm a C8 owner in Halton looking for winter storage in a garage, preferably with hydro for a trickle charger. Anyone have any recommendations in Halton area? I have some options without hydro, but with all the electronic gadgets in the C8, namely door access, I'm worried about battery dying during storage. Appreciate thoughts on this as well. Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I know I'm late to the party, but my initial storage plans fell through. I'm a C8 owner in Halton looking for winter storage in a garage, preferably with hydro for a trickle charger. Anyone have any recommendations in Halton area? I have some options without hydro, but with all the electronic gadgets in the C8, namely door access, I'm worried about battery dying during storage. Appreciate thoughts on this as well. Thanks in advance!
If you store the car without electricity, remove the battery and take it home with you. It may reset everything, but you don't want the battery to freeze if it runs down. It won't hurt the car to sit without the battery.

I have been winter storing several vehicles without a smartcharger for several years. What I do is simply detach and isolate (wrap in cardboard) the negative lead. A little tricky on the C8 due to additional wiring for the charger outlet.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I have been winter storing several vehicles without a smartcharger for several years. What I do is simply detach and isolate (wrap in cardboard) the negative lead. A little tricky on the C8 due to additional wiring for the charger outlet.
True, you don't have to take the battery home with you as long as it's not left connected. If you could put the car in transport mode it uses a lot less energy, but alas we can not.

I bought one of these last year for my first winter storage. No hydro where I store mine either. Every couple 3 weeks I would plug the maintainer into it. No issues what so ever and it gives me a reason to go visit her. 😀
1C76DDB1-4355-45AC-9B42-9BBED855BBE0.jpeg

Thanks for the responses guys.
I'm not mechanically inclined, especially when it comes to accessing the battery on a C8. I'd rather not take my frunk apart.

@59 wish I will call Reds, thanks!

@JohnP I thought of doing the same thing. How long do you plug the maintainer in it before it drains it and you need to recharge?

I'm not mechanically inclined, especially when it comes to accessing the battery on a C8. I'd rather not take my frunk apart.

@59 wish I will call Reds, thanks!

@JohnP I thought of doing the same thing. How long do you plug the maintainer in it before it drains it and you need to recharge?
@toronto365 the one. Bought only hold’s enough of a charge for a couple days, it’s enough for the batter maintenance to fully charge the battery. I do this every couple / 3 weeks and had no issue last year with the battery running down. To be on the safe side, I also leave the frunck open.

To be on the safe side, I also leave the frunck open.
Not worried about the lamp being on 24/7? Or does the run down protection shut it off?
@toronto365 the 3 frunk covers that need to come off are very easily removed. You might as well familiarize yourself with doing it to make sure your shock towers aren't holding any water and so you can remove them without damage to keep tow truckers from doing it in case of emergency etc.

Not worried about the lamp being on 24/7? Or does the run down protection shut it off?
@toronto365 the 3 frunk covers that need to come off are very easily removed. You might as well familiarize yourself with doing it to make sure your shock towers aren't holding any water and so you can remove them without damage to keep tow truckers from doing it in case of emergency etc.
Not at all. Like I said no issue what so ever last year.

As mentioned, accessing the battery is very simple with no tools required and almost impossible to break anything. My first time took about 10 minutes but 2nd time about 2 minutes. Here is a video the goes into details on plastic cover removal and what to expect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.